Prolouge

Zayn's P.O.V

The deep amber light emitting from the grey ashes lights up my face. Taking one last drag from the cigarette I put it out in the ash tray, then flick it over my balcony.

I run my hands over my face letting out a deep sigh. Turning on the heels of my feet I walk back into my room heaving myself onto the bed. On my right, bright bold red numbers shine on my clock showing the time; 5:55. I haven't had a decent nights sleep in days. My mind just can't seem to rest. Nothing, but hours filled with restless sleep. With everything on my plate, these next few days are the most important days of my life. There's not much I can complain about however. Work couldn't be better, but it also couldn't be more stressful. With every paper and all the employees up my ass I can't get to much of a break. This deal means everything for the company, my company, the one I built up from nothing. And there was, nothing that was going to stop me.

I rise from my sitting position and crack my upper back, pushing my should blades together. I yawn, scratching the back of my neck before swinging my legs over to the side of the bed. My feet touch the cold marble floor and I slightly shiver. Groggily removing myself from the bed I trudge over to my lavish bathroom. I flick on the light switch illuminating the room. Looking in the mirror, reveals a mess of a man. Bags under my eyes, bed hair, and chapped lips. I reach out and pick up my toothbrush while I turn on the handle to my sink. I dampen the brush and squeeze on some whitening toothpaste.

"What's for breakfast today Mr.Malik?" Christian's voice sounds through the intercom.

"Coffee the way I like it, please and thank you." I respond, pressing down the small white button, mouth full of white foam.

"Yes sir" he clicks out leaving me alone again with my thoughts. I spit out the gooey mess wiping the corners of my mouth. Then wash my hands, lightly drying them before taking my usual products and styling my hair.

***

I spent 15 minutes trying to style my hair due to the fact that one piece wouldn't stay in tack. However, I was running short on my time and needed to stay focused. I think out my presentation as I walk down my staircase. Rogers, my most loved house help greets me when I enter the kitchen.

"Morning Zayn!" His enthusiastic voice fills the room waking me up.

"Morning my friend." I say, giving him a slight smile sitting down to drink my black coffee.

"Care if I join you sir?" He ask hesitantly.

"Course not Rog." He joins me, quietly drinking his tea.

"Big day?" He hums.

"Indeed." I reply.

"You'll do perfect sir." He informs me.

"I hope so" I mummer, taking another sip of my coffee as I watch the sun rise over the city skyline.