Chapter 3: The Rush Hours

At the edge of the same world, we see Veer and Inder walking towards their daily routine. It is like any other day, any other week, any other month. But this is an exceptional year for them. This year has brought them from what they were running all their life. If they should blame the civilization or their ignorance, they both are hanged and confused at this thought.

The freshness of morning is lively. Everywhere around, people are on a spree; it seems doubtful they even have a life to live. Inder is on his three tired sarathi, honking, attracting people to indicate the rickshaw's vacant seats.

He hopes to see Veer, for him to again choose him for the ride to college. He wants to view him through the front mirror and steal glances at him. He wants to initiate conversation as he has done daily about work, politics, poverty, and the root of this everything, capitalism.

He wants to tell him that he enjoys the ride with him and looks forward to seeing him daily.

Someone approaches Inder with a hand gesture. He stops for them and waits for them to declare their destination. He can't deny his passenger's requests if he knows the way of the place to take them. But he strongly hoping for them to go nearby Veer's college.

Maybe the campus? Or perhaps the hotel that's famous for breakfast? Or the garden or the lake, which is part of the campus?

Their voice brings Inder back from his reverie. "aa?"

"Bedkar Bhojnalay chalogey?"

"ji, bethiyen."

Inder is more than happy. His wish is granted; he will hopefully witness Veer then, if not at the Stand.

Veer is walking on the sidewalk. Hands clasped to his chest reciprocating to this chilled winds of the morning. He has no hopes or expectation of hearing the same honks of Inder's automotive. Instead, he feels good when he sees that Inder has taken a ride from someone else to another place.

He will have good seven hours away from Inder. he must escape this, he feels. There is no answer ready to reply; there is no way he can accept that. There is no truce; there can't be any truce. Veer feels anger at his pit. He thinks about how Inder can does this to him. How can he even think of this way as the solution?!

He needs time to think and reject everything that has existed and stayed between them. He can't let social norms win this time.