seven: you broke me first

2 months later

"Ok so now that I'm six months along what can you tell me about the baby?" I ask as I sit up in my chair and glance around at all the interns. They all start naming things quickly and I nod along as I drink my smoothie.
"Can we know the name now?" Ella asks after everyone stops listing off developments and things to look for.

"Ella you can keep guessing. I told you whoever guesses right will get to be there when I deliver." I say. Ella huffs and then I get up to go start checking on all my expecting moms.

"Dr. Horan, there's a man in the waiting area looking for you. Says his name is Harry and he wants to speak to you." Nancy says. I nod and have the interns start checking on my patients.
"Get me if one is at an 8 or higher." I say. They all nod and rush off as I walk to the waiting area and take a deep breath to soothe Link.

"Hey, what's up?" Harry says once I'm in the waiting room. I scoff at that and sit down in a chair, trying to ignore how he's staring at me.
"Why are you here? It's been months." I say. Harry just shrugs as he puts his hands in his pockets.
"I don't know why you keep shutting me out. I just want to see how the baby is doing." Harry says and I laugh at that and shake my head.

"You don't get to ask how the baby is doing when you wanted nothing to do with him. He needs a good support system not some pop star who can't keep his dick in his pants." I say standing up when Ella comes running in.
"Jackie is at an 8, says she wants to speak to you." Ella says. I nod and glance at Harry.

"I said I'm sorry. You can't keep shutting me out of his life." Harry says. I just laugh at that and place a hand on my stomach.
"I can and I will. Don't act innocent Harry, you broke my heart and disowned our baby. He doesn't need you. And neither do I." I say softly. I turn and follow Ella to the room and she stays quiet but I know she wants to talk.

"I'll tell you his name if you promise not to talk about him." I say. Ella nods eagerly as she stops right outside the door of Jackie's room.
"His name will be Link, not short for anything, just Link." I say. Ella squeals and starts mumbling about how nice the name is as I walk inside the room to deliver a baby. 

. . . . . .

"So you saw Harry?" Louis asks as he pours himself a drink and then joins me on the couch.
"Yes, and I told him I'm over it and he's not seeing the baby." I say. Louis hums and glances at the tv.
"I hate saying this but I think he actually wants to meet him. And I'm not going to tell you what to do, but just so you know." Louis says. I just shrug as I take a sip of my water.

"I need him to step up in more ways than just saying he wants to meet him. He needs to fix us before he can fix anything with our unborn son." I say. Louis nods and glances at his phone and I see it's from Harry.
"Just tell him that I'd be willing to talk to him. But not about Link, just about how he treated me and such." I say. Louis nods and starts typing and then looks up.

"He said that he's free to come over now." Louis says.
"Ok, I guess you should get going so he doesn't see you here." I say. Louis nods and stands up and finishes his drink and then after putting his cup in the sink he grabs his jacket and kisses my cheek and then heads out.

I change out of my shorts that I had on and into some sweatpants that I think might be Harry's and then I wait on the couch with my tea and the tv on.

When the door bell rings I take a deep breath and then open the door for Harry.
"Hey, how's it going?" Harry asks with a smile and I can tell he's nervous. But he should be.
"Fine I guess, come take a seat if you want to talk." I say softly. Harry nods and hangs his jacket up and then walks over and sits on the couch.

"This is a nice house Ni." Harry says looking around slowly. And part of me wants to give him a tour but the other part of me wants to keep this to myself.
"So what did you want to meet up for?" I ask after taking a seat and trying to get comfortable.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry for what I said about you. You have every right to hate me, but I want to know my son." Harry says. I sigh and tap my fingers along my bump when Link starts moving around.
"Harry you called me while drunk and said that you didn't want any part of this in regards to Link, and you just wanted sex. I don't want to keep you out of his life but if that's how you're going to act I can't let you be here for him either." I say.

"Link? Is that short for something or just his name?" Harry asks softly. I sigh and curse myself as I reposition myself into a more comfortable position.
"It's just Link." I say in response. I let out a sigh when Link continues to move around and press my hands against my bump some to try and get him to stop.

"I know I hurt you when I said those things. I was mad at you for getting off the pill and not telling me, and I just needed someone to blame besides myself. Niall when we were together I was losing my mind when we were apart. I talked about you to anyone who would listen and I know that I hurt you when I said those things, but the past few months have made me realize how much I need you. And not just for sex. You're my rock, and I think you know that." Harry says. I try not to over think his words because they're pretty straight forward, but part of me doesn't believe him even though I know he's telling the truth.

"Can you stop talking for a minute? He won't calm down and I think it's because he hears you." I say softly. I take a deep breath and gently rub my stomach and Link finally stops moving around.
"Ok sorry. He gets excited when he hears your voice." I say softly. Harry nods and doesn't say anything.
"I want so badly to believe you H, believe that you will be here for Link through everything and be here for me when I need you, but you're a pop star. Your lifestyle is built around not having a kid or responsibilities." I say.

Harry sighs and I can tell he's staring at my stomach.
"Niall you know I'd leave that behind for you and him. I've been trying to do that for the past few years and you know that." Harry says. I just shake my head and I try not to show how much pain I'm in from how badly my stomach and back hurt.

"I don't want you to leave behind your career. I just want to know how you plan on handling a kid while you're touring the world." I say.
"Well step one is telling everyone I have said kid." Harry responds. I nod and I shift uncomfortably in my spot and stand up to walk around which just makes me dizzy.

"See you should've already told your team that you have a kid. Then you could be sitting here telling me you'll take a year off and spend time with us and then go back to touring but not as often." I say. I pause my walking when I feel super dizzy and I start to walk towards the couch but trip and stumble, and next thing I know Harry's calling out my name and everything is black.