Zen'in's Deadliest

*Art commissioned by _crowly on Tik Tok
Aztec Brujería

Tokyo (10 years before Breaking a Curse):

Naraka stands against the dilapidated brick building, hidden in the shadows, waiting for her target to leave. The heavy air envelopes her surroundings, thick with salt and chill from the autumn night and harbor fog, a light mist from the earlier downpours still remains to make the background of the busy city a blurred haze. She's fully aware of the danger this  man is capable of, he carries the title of the deadliest jujutsu assassin, but she didn't care. She has no one and nothing to live for or come home to at the end of the day. She lived her life as one of many third-party hitmen for the Yakuza. Regardless of who he was, this target was just another SOB that owed money and it was time to pay up. She rests her hand on her hip where the Magnum 357 revolver lies in wait in her thigh holster, the weight of the large Glock a comfort. She inhales and smiles inwardly, "The only true love I've ever had." In the shadows she caught the light from the gambling den spill forth from the entrance before she lays eyes on him, causing her to hesitate about the possibility to do the hit tonight.
Toji Fushiguro, Zenin's deadliest, walked into the darkened alleyway and stretched his arms overhead. This man is the target?! She thought to herself in astonishment and a small amount of apprehension. She drinks him in, seeing nothing but a monster of a man in an oversized sweater and black loose pants. He runs his large digits through his straight, jet black hair as he begins to walk, his lackluster posture failing to hide his size. Looks can be deceiving. Naraka shook her head and decided to wait in order to observe him to make the right call.  The longer I wait, the better the job will go... but the longer I wait, the longer I'll have to go without food. Just as she thought this, her stomach grumbled. She hugs her midsection, feeling her muscles contract in protest. "Shit, I need to go five-finger discount some fucking protein stat." Shaking off her hunger, she straightened up and refocused. Based on her reports, Toji was not one to shy away from women. She could at least follow him and see where he was headed. If I'm lucky, he'll stop by a food stall...so hungry...NO! FOCUS! Naraka steps out from the shadows and begins to follow the monster of a man walking towards the bustling lights of the city, away from the darkness of the underbelly of Tokyo.

She can hear the cold click of her heeled boots against the pavement, sporadically splashing through puddles as she makes her way to the lights, taking care not to get too close. She weaves her way through the throngs of people, watching him part the path like Moses and the Red Sea with how large and intimidating he is against the chaotic collection of souls. Pulling her distressed denim jacket closer, she realizes that she looks like just another punk.
Perfect, I already fit in, he'll never notice. Besides, I'm five feet tall, he'll never pinpoint someone like me. Naraka decides to be a bit braver, pushing her limit just a tad, as she closes the distance between them. She's close enough to hear him on his cell as he takes a call. "Yeah...How much?... Fuck, yeah I can do it." She hears the click of his phone closing and watches him angrily put it in his pocket. She smiles as she watches him, for a dead man he was very handsome. Taking a chance, she puts her pickpocket skills to good use as she craftily bumps into him. "Oh, sorry!" She was quick enough to take what little cash he had and used her sleight of hand to tuck the cash into the band of her fishnets. "I'm so sorry señor, lo siento, I didn't..." He stood with bright emerald eyes and smirked at her. "You think you're so sly, don't you?" Shit, he knows, "Perdón?" He comes close enough to bend down and look Naraka directly in her honey brown eyes, noses almost touching, "You know for a pickpocket you're pretty enough to fuck... However, just give me my money back, and I won't kill you." This pendejo! At least he doesn't know...just like I thought...Naraka smiles big and reaches her arms behind her back, pulling out the cash. "Sorry, I was just hungry, I haven't eaten in a couple days...to be honest, I didn't think you'd notice." Toji put his hand out for the yen she'd swiped. Eyeing his outstretched palm, she observed that he could easily grip her head like a basketball. "Sorry." She handed him the money, and just as she was about to turn away and keep walking towards the next alley, Toji's giant hand encompassed hers, forcing her to look back up at him, "You hungry? Let's eat. Then, maybe later I'll fill that pretty mouth of yours with me." She looks up at him and his devilish smile with clear confusion. I know this man doesn't think I'm gonna fuck him for buying me dinner?! Well, who the fuck am I kidding...that'll be the easiest way to kill him, get some "D" and run...alright bet.