Prologue

June 2021

Two pink lines...There are really two pink lines. How can this be? It was just one time, I can't be...but it's right there in front of me...two pink lines.

If only, I hadn't drunk so much that night...I let loose and had the time of life. And now...now I'm paying the price. The saddest part of it all...I don't even remember his name.

"Stacy, how is it that your husband has so many hot friends?" I said in a drunken stupor.

"Vicky, I think you have been drinking a little too much," she chided me.

"I am not, besides I'm celebrating tonight. It's not every day that a long lost cousin of yours gets married," I put my around her shoulders.

She rolled her eyes at me and chuckled. "That is true, but I'm no longer lost. Go have fun, but please, be careful."

"Yes, Mom," I stuck my tongue out at her and she laughed before joining her new husband on the dance floor.

I saw a group of Jake's friends talking nearby and I decided I would ask one of them to dance. I walked up to them and they all looked at me up and down and smirked.

"Hey there gorgeous," one of them said to me.

"Hey handsome, care to dance with me?" I asked him.

"Let's go," he said and took my hand and pulled me to the dance floor.

We danced hand in hand, body to body and cheek to cheek.

I was getting parched so I asked him if he wanted to get a drink with me. He nodded and we went over to the bar. He ordered a couple of shots and we downed them followed by a screwdriver, my drink of choice.

As the night wore on, we danced, drank, talked and drank some more. I noticed that most people had left so I went and said goodnight to Stacy and Jake and gave them both a hug. "Goodnight you two don't have too much fun tonight!" I winked as I walked away.

I said goodnight to my parents and my brother, grabbed my bag and headed toward my room. I made it to the elevator, when my hot dance partner caught up with me and joined me for the ride.

It turns out that our rooms are on the same floor, just a few rooms apart. I stopped at my door, while he kept walking. I slid my key card and opened the door, when I was turned around and pushed into my room while he crashed his lips to mine.

I returned the kiss hungrily and one thing led to another. We couldn't get out of our clothes fast enough and then he was on top of me in bed, thrusting in and out until we both screamed through our releases.

"Thanks for tonight gorgeous," he kissed me once more and crawled out of bed, threw his clothes on and left me alone.

I woke up to a throbbing headache and ran to the bathroom to expel everything I drank the night before. I sat on the bathroom floor and as the cold tiles hit me, I realized I was naked and slowly remembered why.

"Oh God, what have I done?"

That was six weeks ago, and now here I am,sitting on my bathroom floor staring at two pink lines on the pregnancy test inmy hand.