one

Middle School Days

"He's so fast," Kaoru muttered-speeding up his skateboard, although it wasn't good enough to reach Adam who's still way ahead. Despite the number of tricks he pulled off, their gap only widen- causing the pink-haired boy to sigh-exhausted. Why am I even doing this? He thought-setting a foot to the ground causing the board to instantly stop. 

Adam who's only starting to feel excited about the match noticed the screeching sound of Kaoru's wheels gone. Why? He thought before deciding to turn around.

His turn was spotless. Adam's eyes widen-little did he know he can pull that off. Did I just discover a new trick? He thought. A beaming smile formed on his face as he grabbed his skateboard from the ground and started running excitedly towards his worn-out friend.

"KAORU!" Adam shouted as he ran, causing Kaoru-who's sitting on his deck-to look up to him with an eyebrow raised in confusion. "I found a new trick!" he uttered, throwing the board back to the ground and stepped a foot on it.

He attempted to do what he did-a 180 degrees turn within a very short time-too fast for himself to notice. But instead of it working, he lost his balance and fell to the ground just before he landed. He tried more times but failed, through and through-falling right back to the ground. The whole time Kaoru would stare at him deadpan, trying to understand what on earth is he up to. Adam grinned, scratching the back of his neck-embarrassed, "I guess that was luck."

Kaoru sighed and rolled his eyes. He stood and held out a hand for the blue-haired boy who's now lying on the ground. Adam stared at it for a moment before reaching for Kaoru's thin hand. "It has nothing to do with luck, just bad calculation," Kaoru uttered deadpan-pulling Adam up.

They both grabbed their deck and started walking home alongside-like every other day. "Kaoru," Adam called. Kaoru hummed in reply, staring dead straight at their way with his eyes half-lidded. "I'll show you the trick once I get the hang of it," Adam said turning a soft smile. 

Kaoru nodded, "Sure."

Their houses are next to each other-although that doesn't mean they can freely visit each other at times. Other than school, Adam isn't allowed to leave the house. Not even a friend can visit his house-including Kaoru who's just next door. 

As they reach Kaoru's house, Adam frowned. Unlike other kids his age, weekends aren't something he's waiting for because that would mean that he'll spend even more time at home. Adam's shoulder drooped as he sighed downcast, "See you on Monday, Kaoru." 

Kaoru squinted his eyes in disgust, then slapped him hard. Adam's eyes widen, rubbing his cheek excessively. "What was that for!" he yelled. Kaoru grinned, patting Adam's head, "That's about right," he uttered, "See you, Adam." Adam grinned as the pink-haired boy head in. Soon after, he nonchalantly walked home-hoping he could spend more time with Kaoru but knew all along that for the very moment, there is nothing he can do about it. 

Note:

I'm simply obsessed with sk8 right now and why isn't there enough Kaojiro fanfics out there?! Anyway, I hope you're enjoying it so far.