Lavender Tears, Mint Breaths

In the morning when I first drew breath I knew the day wasn't merciful. Waking up in this place is one of the most sinful things one could do. Afterall, there is no way one could be here if not done something horrendous. Times have changed, back in 1626 at just the age of fourteen I witnessed my ancestors working as monarch and/or rulers in the united kingdom. Even though my family line may not be liked very much we knew how to have fun and we knew how to rule. Many say we were ruthless and reckless but all we know is life before death. Being twenty-two with a child and one on the way I have many responsibilities, caring for my baby boy Kade Randin and staying healthy for my gift on the way Mary Randin or Rudy Randin is my main concern. In the morning, I wake and immediately tend to my beloved, running bath water that stinks of lavender and mint, cooking breakfast, clothing my little one and myself afterwards, cleaning the hamlet, and waiting for my betrothed to come home so I can do the same all over again. I started my regular routine this morning, and given that we do have maids and nurses running around, it could be worse. I am thankful most times. As I was saying I began my regular routine, and while bathing my two year old Kade I began to wonder what life would be like if I hadn't caved so easily, if I hadn't said "I do" or however it goes, they are always changing it. I thought how different life would be if I hadn't sat back and laughed at the slaves and/or common folk, if I hadn't watched that old man get beaten to death without even a blink, and how it would be different if I hadn't participated in it myself. As we speak I am sitting in my family's golden cell, alone, cold, and forgotten. All I have left is you, this old worn away piece of parchment and piece of moldy sandstone, and all because while reminiscing about what could've been, my son was breathing in the warm bath water which smelt of lavender and mint. I tried to save him, I did, for he was all I really had in this world. My family wants to keep me alive until Mary or Rudy is born and after that, well, I can't imagine it would be any worse than how I feel right now. My family and my husband Hugfin Randin found me, clutching my baby in the bath..

..sobbing lavender tears and drawing mint breaths.

sobbing lavender tears and drawing mint breaths