three

hyunjin ran and ran until he was far away from his foster home. he was 5 years old. he's been in and out of fosters home since he was an infant. every home he's been in has been a disaster of abusive parents. the only reason why he would keep on getting put in different foster homes he would run back to the center and tell the workers everything that happened to him.

hyunjin was out of breath and walked over to a tree and sat next to it. he was chilly and the boy was only wearing a tank top and shorts. he hugged himself and tried to get warm but it wasn't working. "c-c-cold..." hyunjin was about to get up before he heard someone yell at him. "hey you!! what are you doing here in the cold??" he looked up and saw a kid his age walk to him.

"huh?" he whispered. "do want something to wear? i can go get you something." the boy said smiling. hyunjin stood up with wide eyes. "re-really?" he nodded. "yeah! i'm home alone right now so i can bring you in. you just seemed really cold." the boy took his hand and brought him towards his house. hyunjin looked at the place in awe. "big..." the boy giggled. he opened the gate. "yeah. my parents have a lot of money or whatever."

the two boys walked into the house. "come on follow me. no one will see you. all the workers are in their places." hyunjin followed the boy upstairs until they reached a room. "this is my room. sit on the bed! i'll get you something." hyunjin sat down on the bed and watched the boy pick out clothes from his closet. "you seemed taller than me so i have these. they look like they will be big on you. you can go change in the bathroom over there."

hyunjin nodded, taking the clothes and walking into his bathroom. hyunjin took off his old clothes and put on his new ones. they were really bagged but it was a hoodie and pants. hyunjin took his clothes off the floor and walked out. "uh th-thank you.." the boy smiled. "your welcome....oh i never asked for your name!" hyunjin smiled. "hyunjin. my name is hyunjin."

"oh i'm yang jeongin. nice to meet you hyunjin." jeongin smiled widely. "fox...you look like a fox." jeongin furrowed his eyebrows. "fox??" hyunjin nodded smiling. jeongin touched his face. "i've been told that before. thank you!!" jeongin hugged him. hyunjin hugged back. "you're the only person i've ever talked to." jeongin broke the hug. "huh? you don't speak?" hyunjin shook his head. "every home i've been to they've taped my mouth shut with duct tape and never like me speak. only write."

"hyunjin that's horrible. i can't let you go back to those horrible places!! stay here with me!" hyunjin sighed. "i can't...i have to go back and find a new home." jeongin frowned. "will i ever see you again?" hyunjin shrugged. "i don't know innie. but we can hope alright! here let's make a pinky promise. a pinky promise that we will meet again in the future." jeongin smiled widely and pinky promised. "pinky promise."

-

hyunjins eyes shot wide open, shooting up from his bed. he looked at around for the clock and checked what time it was. "it's 4 in the morning..." he laid back onto his bed, calming himself down. he wiped the sweat off of his forehead and closed his eyes. he thought back to the dream he was having before he woke up. "innie....fox...jeongin...je-jeongin???" hyunjin opened his eyes. "no way...no way that's him."

hyunjin got out of bed and walked over to his dresser and pulled out a hoodie. he touched delicately. hyunjin gasped, "no way...." his fingers brushed over an engravement on the hoodie that read yang jeongin. he chuckled. "i found you again innie." hyunjin walked back to his bed, kkami following him. "you're awake kkami?" the dog jumped up into his lap.

"kkami i found him. i found innie. aren't you proud of me?" kkami licked his face, making hyunjin giggle. "kkami i need to go back to sleep and so do you alright? go on, back to your bed." kkami got off and went over to his little corner. hyunjin got back into his bed and sighed. "there's no way he remembers me....he doesn't know he saved me."