The storm

Copyright © 2015 Evan Polstra

The dark and eerie clouds creeped over the normaly bright green hills that surrounded the small, and remote town.

Everyone in Timberville hunkered down in their homes and hoped they would not become the next victims of the storm. You see, strange things happen during storms in timberville; dead pets, half destroyed crops, missing bikes and anything from scary to stupid.

What really scared the citizens of this town was what happened twice during storms. Dissapearing without a trace. It happened once to a man named Jordan miller. It was a storm during the night so every one was asleep. The next morning, he was gone. No footprints, no vandalism towards the house. Nothing that could give the village a hint to where he was.

The second time around it happened to a young 17 year old girl named, clarke Dunn. Its sad really, she did nothing to deserve it. She had good grades, liked to help anyone to do anything. She was quite a nice girl. She also caught a lot of the boys attention. They were always drooling all over her. But there was only one boy she liked back, Aidan Mitchell. Aidan had short brown hair that he parted to the left at the front. He was strong but not an all star player and he did not really "lift". He was tall the girls always found him handsome. He was nice, gentle and smart. But he was insecure and shy. Clarke eventually found the courage to ask him out since he did not have said courage. He liked the jealous and angry looks the other boys gave him when he walked through the narrow hallways of their school, holding hands with his beloved.

Aidan was devastated the day he found that she was gone. He didn't know what to do. He vowed to never love another woman again. He broke that vow within a year. Can you really blame him? I mean he was a teenager.

Well today, 15 years later, he sits on his front porch, watching the storm with his brother, single. Jordan, his big brother,was very muscular and he was alot bigger than Aidan. They used to play fight when they were smaller and jordan would always win.They enjoyed doing this. They watched every storm that came by. They had no clue what was to come of the storm that day. Maybe a few missing trees from the front yard. Maybe their mom will start meowing and eat the cats food. Maybe a goat wearing a party hat, riding a skate board will roal down the street. Maybe nothing will happen at all, that occurred sometimes.

The rocking chair he sat on creaked on the decks floorboards in wich the baby blue paint was fading. They heard rumbling in the distance and the soothing sounds of raindrops hitting the roof arrived. The aroma of wet pavement reached hit nose. They watched the lightning bolts streak across the sky, shortly followed by a boom or a crack.

Suddenly Jordan pointed at the sky and taped Aidan's shoulder. "Is... Is that a girl?" He asked. Aidan looked around the area his brother was pointing. He narrowed his eyes and saw a small white splotch against the dark clouds. He squinted to see what was what looked like a girl in a large dress falling from the sky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading the first part of my story. Feel free to leave suggestions and tips to improve my writing skills. Thank you. : D

Evan