Daddy's Princess

You know those TV dinners with chicken nuggets and chocolate pudding in it? I love those things! I was munching on one of those things at my house, I live with my daddy and his girlfriend Tiffany.

"Time for me to go Tiff, gotta do a big job tonight, Ed said he'll pay me a little extra so I promise all three of us will go to Disneyland or something," Daddy said.

"I can't wait to take a ride on Mickey Mouse when we get there sweetie," Tiffany said.

"Well I can't wait to take a ride on you later," Daddy said quietly, he didn't know I heard.

Tiffany giggled.

"I can't wait to take a picture with Snow White, Doc, and Dopey, and Happy and..."

Daddy laughed and picked me up, Tiffany stopped laughing, I don't think she likes me.

"You know what else? Me and my own little princess can take pictures together too."

He tickled my belly, I giggled.

"I'll be back, I want you in bed in a couple hours ok."

"Ok Daddy."

"Ok, I love you baby, I'll see you when you wake up tomorrow," he said as he gave me a hug.

"I love you more."

He sat me back down so I could eat. He gave Tiffany a kiss.

"Bye Tiff."

"Wait, I wanna speak to you outside."

She followed Daddy outside. I took a bite of a nugget.

"How come you give her more attention than me?" I heard her ask.

"She's six years old for God's sake, she's a child."

"You knew that ever since you and your kid moved in that I didn't like kids."

"She's my fucking kid Tiff, I told you I would take care of Dany unless I ask you to watch her for a few hours. Is it fucking too much to ask to babysit while I'm gone?"

They argued for another moment before Daddy left and Tiffany was back in the house. I continued eating like I never heard them fight about me.

"Are you done eating?" Tiffany asked.

"Almost, gotta eat my pudding."

"The pudding looks delicious."

I nodded as I took a bite of my pudding. I knew she was trying to be nice to me for Daddy's sake. I ate a little faster because it was getting awkward. I put the empty plastic tray in the trash.

"Good night Miss. Valentine."

"Don't call me Miss. Valentine, just Tiffany's fine."

"Good night Tiffany."

"Good night Danielle."

I went to bed.

I woke up the next morning to Tiffany crying in the living room. I slowly walked to her.

"Tiffany...why are you crying?"

She looked at me.

"Your father died at work last night."

I gasped.

"Daddy no!"

Tiffany held out her arms and we hugged while crying.

"Are you gonna take care of me now?"

She let go and stared at me for a few seconds.

"To be honest with you...I don't know how."

"Let me help you, I like scrambled eggs for breakfast, peanut butter sandwiches for lunch, and anything other than peas for dinner. I can wash and dress myself-"

"I'm sorry Danielle, I can't. Go pack your stuff while I make you a bowl of cereal."

"What's gonna happen to me!?" I asked sobbing.

"I'm taking you to an orphanage, I'm not gonna leave you on the streets or something like that, now go pack your stuff."

I ran to my room and packed my stuff.