Cbapter 1

" Yes ofcourse we're available this weekend . " my mom said over the phone. I wonder who she had been speaking to for the past ten minutes , and why had she told them we're available knowing we definitely not.

It was a beautiful Wednesday morning and the sun was out as early as 9am already.
" Yes we'll be ready. Just let me know when you're on your way ." she said again. Ugh I trailed off while watching her as her expressionless face turned into a somewhat grin. My mom wasn't your typical looking mom , she had bright red hair and even though she had past the 40 year old mark already , her wrinkles at the corners of her eyes had just started showing , she had minimal dark marks and had managed to keep her hair in a better state than most mothers I knew.

She looked at least 10 years younger than she actually was. And I might not have said it much to her but sometimes I could get lost in how young she looked and in those moments i could pretty much see how people could assume she was my sister instead of my mom.

" Helloooo ! " she yelled as I came back to reality , realizing she had been speaking to me and as usual i got lost in thought.

" Sorry , " i said shying away. " What was it mom was saying ? "

" Your Aunt Molly called and asked if we could house-sit this weekend while she was away on vacation and ofcourse without a doubt I had agreed. " she said.

I couldn't hide my excitement and immediately said " Okay I will cancel any plans I had for this weekend then. "

" Good. " she replied.

Mom knew I'd agree , Aunt Molly had one of the best houses in our family. Her interior design was very modern , super stylish and yet it felt warm and outrageously homey -not sure if that was a word but that's definitely how it felt- her pool outside might not have been the biggest but the blue water somehow , always reminded us of the ocean and we pretty much enjoyed it everytime we went there .

...

* Alarm goes off *

As I had woken up extremely early that friday morning , I remember how weirdly excited I was. I was more excited than usual to go to Aunt Molly's house. I gathered all my stuff early morning and as a family we made sure we had everything we could possibly have needed. Aunt Molly had told us that we needn't worry about bringing food along since she had made sure the fridge was packed with everything she knew we liked. As successfull as she was and as far as she had made it in life , Aunt Moll had always managed to consider us and made sure we were always as comfortable as possible.
I didnt know much about my family history and I never looked much into it but I knew some of my family members hadn't liked my Aunt due to some stuff that happened and it showed .

" What's there to like about that woman anyway ? " Aunt Rebecca cried everytime I spoke about how much I'd adore Aunty Molly. Aunt Rebecca was my moms second youngest sister -they were only three but anyway- , she wasnt the nicest out of the trio but she had moments were she was completely irresistible. She had some skeletons in her closet and until this day I wasn't too sure why I knew about them since I was at least almost half her age , but I couldn't judge her . At some point we all do bad stuff we wish we hadn't done. Again , I trailed off in thougt as I felt my mom smack the side of my head trying to get my attention. I need to stop doing that or else she's going to sucker punch me in my nose out of frustration any day from now. I could pretty much see her ignoring it after she realized I'd come back from my thoughts.

" Aunt Rachel said she'd only be able to get off work by five this evening so you packed a bit too early hon . " she chuckled giving me a smirkish look as if it would affect me.

" it's okay , at least I know I will be ready even if she decides to come earlier. " I replied sheepishly.

And I was in actual fact right , around three o' clock Aunt Rachel called and let us know that her boss had a meeting to attend and said she could have the rest of the afternoon free. For some reason I wasnt sure what Aunt Rachel did until this day hahah , even tho she had been my ultimate family crush since as far I could remember. Something about her felt so warm and welcoming. She had pale skin and long sleek black hair that complimented the color of her skin , she had thick thighs and somehow found it possible to look good in about anything she wore.