~Birthday~

A new year.

A new age.

Year 24.

Poppy's birthday was today.

It was a beautiful day in August that Poppy woke up to, a bright, beautiful sunrise and clear skies. She looked out the window, smiled then sighed. She turned around and spotted her drawer.

"Oh!" She realized about her picture she looks at often, hid in a drawer and kept in a blue, soft blanket.

Poppy pulled out the draw and unfolded the blanket.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~She always imagined cuddling with him, going on a stroll with him, and every other possible romantic thing

She always imagined cuddling with him, going on a stroll with him, and every other possible romantic thing.

Yes, EVERY thing-

She heard footsteps approaching her pod. Poppy quickly but carefully, folded the blanket back up around the picture and put it in the drawer.

"Dad?" Poppy saw her dad enter the place.

"Honey.." he smiled and walked up to her.

Poppy smiled, waiting for the "happy birthday."

"It's about time."

Poppy's eyes widened. "What do you mean 'it's about time?' What's happening?"

"When kings/queens/rulers turn 24..." Peppy opened into a scrapbook.

"They must not rule alone no more, because around then they get married and become a royal family."

"Do we at least get to pick who?" Poppy asked.

"Yes, of course, honey. You better make a wise decision, someone who love and trust to help you with the job. The two of you will..."

Poppy blanked out and thought for a minute. She trusts Branch, right? He is great at coming up with village defenses, sometimes, and he is the most important troll to her. But how will it go? Do they get engaged and married right away? Or do they take it slow?

Poppy started to pay attention again.

"...tonight you must at least pick your troll, and get married the next morning and they will officially be the secondary ruler."

"Wait a minute, tonight I pick, tomorrow I marry? Uh... uh..." Poppy hesitated.

"Are you ok?"

"NICE TALKING! GOTTA RUN!"

Poppy ran off in a panic.