°•[4 1/2]•°

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

“Who knew Ha’ri had such a sweet tooth?”  Chiharu asked, biting into a marshmallow.  “What is that, your sixth smore?”

Hatori grumbled around a bite of the treat, brushing the remnants of crumbs off his face.  “Four.”  He mumbled, leaning back against the stump his cousins sat on.

Shigure chuckled, handing him a napkin.  "There’s a lot you don’t know about Ha’ri, Chi-chi.”  He teased her nickname with a singsong voice.  “Stick around and you’ll find he’s not such a stickler Mr. Strict.”

Chiharu hummed, leaning back against Mayu’s knees.  “Hmm- I like the sound of that.”  She laughed, reaching over to punch Hatori in the arm.  

Hatori scowled, rubbing the spot on his arm where she’d made contact.  “What are you two going on about?”

“How bout it?”  Chiharu asked curiously, picking at the dirt.  “You guys wanna join teams?  Think about it, the five of us- imagine the trouble we could make!”

“Like you don’t already make enough trouble on your own?”  Hatori sighed.

Ayame snorted, stoking the fire.  “Ha’ri, don’t be such a bummer.”

“I’m just looking out for your asses.”  Hatori grumbled, low under his breath.  “One slip up and all of this is over-”

Shigure and Ayame were silent, eyeing each other in quiet agreement with his claims.  Neither wanted to give up their new forming relationship with the girls, however, frightening as Akito was, one wrong move and it could all disappear in an instant.

  Ayame bit his lip.  “I don’t care.”  He spoke finally, turning to Shigure.  “We’ll figure out what to do if that ever happens.”

 Shigure smiled wide, his eyes shining in the reflection of the fire.  “Yeah.”  He turned to look at Chiharu and Mayu, who were conversating between themselves.  “What d'you say, friends?”

Chiharu beamed, looking up at Mayu.  The two girls shared a silent look between each other, before turning back to the boys simultaneously nodding.  “Friends!”  Chiharu exclaimed, jumping up from her seat on the dirt.

“You two idiots better know what you’re doing.”  Hatori sighed, turning his head so the others wouldn’t see the small smile that had formed on his face.

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。
Word Count: 361 Words