The Truth

As Kayla walked she noticed the village up ahead shining over the horizon in all its glory, a small smile formed onto Kayla's soft red lips.

"Oh thank goodness I thought I had to walk another few miles." She panted as she wiped some of the shiny sweat that laid upon her forehead.

The town was alway's filled with sea of people, some Kayla knew some, she didn't know but that was ok she loved meeting new people. Even though she was only out a few times a month she grew to enjoy the company of other people. As she made her way into the village her smile grew loving the feeling of seeing other people.

"Ah good morning Kayla." A soft voice called out to her, as she turned her head wondering who called to her.

"Oh good morning Geppetto." Kayla gretted the man as she curtsied to him as some of her chocolate locks fell tothe side's framing her face as a gentle smile never left her face. 

Geppetto as like a father to her, her 'Adoptive father' as she called the man who she lived with, Geppetto loved and cared for Kayla like she was his own daughter. Kayla could alwasy turn to him if she needed help with anything like a father would.

"How are you today my dear?" He asked as he held out his arm for her to take, "How is everything at home?"

 "I am well." I stated linking my arm through his as we continued to walk. "Same as usual."

"You know Kayla you can always come and live with me and my boy." He suggested.

Questions ran rapid through my head at the thought. Would my parents actually let me leave? What would they say? I shook my head at the thought of my parents actually letting me leave their house. They don't even trust me to go out on my own. Which is sad enough, but what is there a girl to do?