Prologue

Bullets fell from the sky like pounding rain. No umbrella to shield you, just blood that covered. This wasn't a strange occurrence, however. Sokovia had become a common war zone. It wasn't a surprise when an attack took place. That's not to say some weren't unprepared or shocked.

The place was in ruins. Buildings collapsing, children crying. The Avengers tried to escort people to safety. There were two kids, a little boy, and a girl, standing where bullets would soon kill them. Clint Barton spotted them and rushed to shield them knowing that he would die doing so.

He kneeled down, the kids in between his legs. He put his head over theirs and his arms around them. The little girl put her hands over her eyes. A few seconds passed. Clint expected to have been covered in blood, bullet holes on his back. "You didn't see that coming," spoke a voice. Clint and the little girl both recognized the voice. The girl removed her hands away from her face. Clint turned his head to face who spoke.

Pietro Maximoff stood there weakly. There were bloody holes in his chest. He then tumbled onto the ground. The little girl started to cry. She broke free from Clint's arms and ran to her brother's body. She put her hands on her knees, her head over Pietro's head. Tears rolled down her face and fell onto his.

Clint tried to grab the girl while still holding onto the boy. He realized time was running out. He ran over to the boat (airship) which would escort people out of Sokovia. The boy's mother was there. He handed him to her and ran to fetch the girl.

The pain got the best of the girl. Orange magical fumes surrounded her. Magic blasted from all directions. In the chruch, the same happened expected it was bigger and red. Her cries match the ones from the building. Both were grieving their loss.

After the blast of pain was over, the little girl turned to see Clint in the distance walking towards her. She ran over to him in what seemed to be one second. She hugged Clint, buried her face in his chest, tears still rolling down her face. Clint picked her up and took her over to the boat.