Chapter 8

It's been three days since my girls night in with Quinn and Brittany's outburst. Three days that Brittany hasn't talked to me. I feel like I'm dying inside. I miss her so much. I knew Brittany meant a lot to be before but now, I realize she means everything to me. Besides, what school has their first day on a friday? That makes no sense. It doesn't matter anyway. Friday I had that triple date with Puck and those almost kisses and the fight with Brittany, Saturday I had the major fight with Brittany, Sunday I just moped around all day and became besties with a few tubs of Ben and Jerry's. Yesterday I didn't go to school because I didn't think I'd be able to handle seeing Brittany. Today, well today was Tuseday. That means I have cheerios practice so I HAVE to go to school. It also means I have to see Brittany. I hear a horn honking signaling that Quinn is here to drive me to school. I sling my book bag over my shoulder, grab my phone and keys and walk out the front door. I see Quinn standing in front of her car. As soon as she sees me she walks over and pulls me into a hug.

"Hey, S. How are you holding up?" She rubs my back soothingly.

"I honestly don't know. I miss her so much Quinn. I don't think I'll be able to handle seeing her." I pull out of her embrace and walk over to the passenger door and get in. She walks to the drivers side and gets in too.

"If we see her just look straight ahead and focus on the back wall of the hallway. Don't look at her and just keep walking, okay?" I nod my head and stare out the window as Quinn starts driving. She doesn't try to make small talk and I'm grateful for that, she always knows when I need silence and when I need her to comfort me. After around 15 minutes Quinn pulls into the school parking lot.

"Do you want to wait until after the bell rings to go inside? No one will be in the hallways after that so you won't have to run into Brittany." I sigh. She's forgetting one crucial thing.

"Q, I have every class with Brittany. I'm gonna have to see her anyway. Let's just get this over with. Thanks though." I give her a small smile and she gives me a sympathetic look and nods.

We make our way through the hallway without running into Brittany and enter our first class, Spanish. We take our seats in the back and I notice that Brittany isn't there yet. I let out a sigh of relief and Quinn gives me a weak smile.

"School will be over before you know it. If you want you can text me during every class so you wo-"