2 | wonder

THE TWO FIRST-YEARS WERE sitting on the staircase, just having a conversation.

"He told us to live a long life..." The ravenette trailed off.

"What use is he dead?.... Hey, is this the first time a friend of yours has died?" Nobara asked.

"A classmate yeah..." answered Megumi. "Really? but you seem fine." "Look who's talking." Megumi butted in.

Nobara let out a long sigh before answering, "Of course, i've only known him for two weeks." "I'm not the kind of girl.... Who cries over a guy like that." It was clear to Megumi that the girl was tearing up. Though he decided not to point it out.

"Man, it's hot!"

"Yeah... I wonder when we'll get our summer uniforms."

Two voices suddenly chimed in.

"Sheesh, You're more moody than usual... Megumi" A dark-green haired female said, making her way to the said male. "What is this, a funeral?!" She exclaimed.

"Zen'in-senpai..."

"Don't you dare call me by my last-" "Maki. Maki!!" A voice called out to her.

In a distance, a panda can be seen together with an off-white haired person hiding behind a tree.

"He really did die. It happened yesterday! A first-year boy!!"

"Bonito flakes!!"

The voices whisper-yelled to the female named Zen'in Maki.

"You.... are.... A little.... Late!" "Now I look like a cold-hearted demon!" she shrieked.

"Well, you pretty much are!" "Tuna mayo" the trio continued to bicker, making the two first-years sit awkwardly in the background.

"Who are those people?" Kugisaki now began to question his fellow first-year.

"Our school's upperclassmen." Pointing towards the female with rectangular glasses, "That's Zen'in-senpai. Out of all the students here, nobody's a better cursed-tool user than her." Now, looking over at the off-white haired male, "This is Inumaki-senpai. He's a cursed speech user. The only words he says are rice-ball fillings." Finally glancing at the panda, "And Panda-senpai."

"Okkotsu-senpai and [name]-senpai aren't even here, but the both of them are the ones I sincerely respect. They're both abroad right now though."

'The last time I heard from [name]-senpai was last week. I wonder where she is now.' Megumi thought.

"Sorry about this... especially during this sad time. But we want you guys... to participate in the-" Panda was cut off with a loud thud. Next thing it knew, it was laying it's back on the ground, on top of it was a familiar pink-green haired female trapping it in a bone-crushing hug.

"Panda-san! You still smell like the sun!" The dual-toned haired girl happily exclaimed.

'T-the sun?!' Everyone was now deep into thought by your sudden declaration.

"[na-" Before Maki could even finish her sentence, she found herself stuck in a bear hug along with the rest of the second-years. "You guys! I've missed you all so much! I was lonely without you three!" You cried out. Giving them a closed-eyed smile.

You finally took a step back, releasing the three from the tight hug.

Stepping back, you noticed a certain ravenette just behind panda. Not even wasting a second, you gave Megumi the same hug you gave away earlier.

'Megumi-kun! Still as stoic as ever I see! How captivating!' you thought.

Meanwhile, Megumi was absolutely red due to his position in the hug. The side of his face was resting on your chest. Not to mention the fact that the chest area of your uniform is left unbuttoned.