part six

part six; alcoholic therapy

Seokjin was a little surprised to see Yoongi at his bar. It wasn't unusual for Yoongi to be there, he normally comes when he has a bad day, shortly list off his frustrations to Seokjin and have a drink. But it's been months since he last appeared in the bar and Seokjin would be lying if he said he wasn't a little disappointed.

He tossed the hand towel over his shoulder as he picked up two shot glasses. He walked over to where Yoongi sat at the bar and placed one glass in front of him, "You come here often?"

"Shut up," Yoongi laughed dryly through an exhale, "I don't even know why I came in here."

Seokjin poured him a shot of tequila, Yoongi's go to drink and then poured them both one after Yoongi already shot it back. He scrunched up his nose, "Did something happen?" He asked through a painful grimace.

"I picked up a stray," Yoongi huffed out, his fingers finding a grip around the shot glass, "He really cute."

Seokjin furrowed his brows, tilting his head as he stared at Yoongi. Was this the same Yoongi as the one in high school? Since when did he keep strays? Seokjin is no stranger to hearing about Yoongi's one night stands, hell, most of them were from this bar.

Was this finally the downfall to Yoongi's streak of heartbreaks? It was a little unbelievable, Seokjin and Namjoon have been the only people consistent in his life, he found it hard to believe that someone else managed to get into his thick shell while he was so invested in keeping his walls up.

He cleared his throat, "So what are you doing at my bar then?"

"I can't visit an old friend?"

Seokjin gasped, "I'm not old!"

Yoongi laughed loudly, stopping only to take another shot. Seokjin could feel satisfaction bubbling in his stomach at making Yoongi smile like that. He felt pride about it. It was like when he saw the mystery machine once in New York. It was rare. 

But what was Yoongi doing here? He didn't have a day, in fact it was pretty normal for his standards. He had truthfully forgotten that he used to come here twice a week. He stopped coming around after he met Jungkook.

Of course. Lately, everything has to do with Jungkook. He can't escape it. He was beginning to feel that fear he gets when he feels trapped. The kind that makes him want to just move abruptly and start over so he won't have to deal with whatever is causing him problems.

But he can't just cut Jungkook out, he's already established that. Even if he managed to move he was pretty convinced Jungkook would find him one way or another. So he has been feeling a new kind of emotion lately. Isolation.

He's never felt like this before. He's felt cornered and trapped, but he's never been left without any options. This is the first time he doesn't know what to do. He doesn't know how to fix it, how to save himself. It was like he was being held hostage but it wasn't against his will.

If he really wanted to do something he probably could. But he hasn't and he doesn't want to. This whole Jungkook situation has made him wrestle with his own mind constantly. Part of him wants to run and hide. The other half, the stronger half is more curious to see how bad he will end up hurting after it's all over.

How sick is that? A little part of Yoongi wants to sit back and watch it all fall apart in the most destructive way, it's a little but loud part. He knew it was wrong, that he shouldn't pay attention to the little parts of him that want to play Jungkook like a fool.

So that's why he's in the bar. A place where Jungkook can't legally be. Where Yoongi can be alone with his own disgusting thoughts and just be angry at himself. He was so angry because he was suddenly so aware of how horrible he is and he was angry at Jungkook, for forcing him to realize.