GIVE IT UP

You find yourself at your ex's house party despite the fact that you've pretty much convinced him and yourself that you hate him. Apparently, he's not that fond of you either. At least, that's what he wants you to think.

warnings: smut, hate sex, unprotected sex

It was shocking of how quickly the sweet boy who once would've done anything to see you smile turned into the man before you that managed to get a rise out of you without even directly speaking to you.

Granted, most of that was your fault. All he'd wanted was a break, a few weeks, maybe a month apart to think things over. You'd been the one to suggest a full breakup.

"Jot-" you stopped yourself. "Jotaro."

His pacing stalled, the hand that had been furiously running through his locks fell to rest on his hip as he turned to face where you were sitting on the couch. The couch you'd helped him pick out when he'd first moved into this apartment. The one he'd first kissed you on three years ago, though it was a bit more beat up now than it had been then. It was a faded blue in color now.

"What," he halfway snapped. The tone of his voice caused you to flinch at his words, which almost sent Jotaro into a deeper downward spiral had he not been so desperate to get through this evening without you killing each other.

"You know this isn't working," you said. "Not like it used to."

"Then why are you fighting with me about taking a few weeks to figure things out," he sighed before moving to sit on the matching ottoman in front of you.

"Please don't make me say it out loud," you said. Your jaw was trembling as you didn't know how much longer you could keep looking him in the eye without breaking down.

Jotaro's hands were quick to start rubbing his eyes, almost painfully so as the heels of them dug in.

"You don't mean it," he whispered.

"Jotaro."

"I still love you," he sighed.

"We had a great run, yeah?" you smiled sadly at him as you picked yourself up off the couch. "I'll be back to get my things in the next week or so."

And that probably would've been the end of it had Kakyoin not been your best friend. He was, and he claimed, the best guy in your life before Jotaro and he was going to stay that way after Jotaro.

Sure, parties were awkward but it was nothing you couldn't get through without a couple girl friends and some distance. And a handle of pink whitney.

"You're kidding!" you gasped as your old college roommate gushed about her new boyfriend and their bedroom antics. "There's no way you let him do that!"

"Long time no see, sunshine," a familiar Red haired japanese said as he pulled you into his side by the hip. You could tell the drink in his hand was far from his first based on the slur of his words and the way the snapback was situated sideways on his head.

"Hey, Cherry," you said before pecking his cheek quickly and sipping on the drink in your own hand. Contrary to your usual party behavior, you were only about half of the way through your first.

"Yeah, sunshine," you heard Jotaro say from behind you. The smile on your face wiped away into a scowl within seconds. "Long time no see."

You opted to ignore him, continuing your conversation with your roommate, Liv, as Kakyoin left your side to join the beer pong game in the corner.