Chapter 1

Harry loved weddings.

He loved everything about them from the fun, and often stressful, planning of every nuanced detail, to the beautiful, but long ceremony that led to everyone crying, and the reception afterwards where the bride and groom got lit with all their family and friends. It was such a fun time for everyone involved.

Now, Harry had only been to four weddings in his life.

The first one was when he was seven and the ring bearer at his Uncle Danny's wedding. It was awesome because he had a job -- he had a role in the wedding. He carried an expensive ass ring that symbolized something significant to the two people getting married down the aisle and to the altar. So his seven year old self felt pretty important, blue bow tie and all.

The second was the wedding of his mom and stepdad, Robin. Harry didn't have an official title at this wedding, but he basically ran that shit. He was there with his mom everyday to plan it, and he made sure everything ran smoothly at not just the ceremony, but at the reception, too.

The third wedding was between Gemma and Ben. They'd been dating for a long time before he decided to finally propose. Traditionally, girls were meant to have a maid of honor and bridesmaid, but Harry was his sister's best man. It was unorthodox to change tradition for some, but screw that. Harry ate that shit up, too, and was the best best man for his sister. However, she also had a maid of honor as well -- her childhood best friend, Chloe. Chloe and Harry split up all the duties and went about making Gemma's wedding a full blown success.

The fourth and final wedding was between his long time best friend, Liam, and his beautiful girlfriend, Sophia. Well -- wife now. Harry was one of the groomsmen along with their other best friends, Zayn, Ed and Niall (Liam chose Louis to be his best man).

Harry loved this wedding just as much as he had the last three, however, sitting at the reception, something felt different this time around. Harry felt sad.

The thing was, weddings were all about the couple. It celebrated their love and made everyone else feel it, too. That was one of the biggest reasons why Harry loved weddings so much; he was a hopeless romantic. He loved love and being at his fourth wedding, he couldn't help but start to wish that it was him up there getting married now. That it was him walking with his partner into a room full of their loved ones and dancing to their song while everyone watched on with envious, tear filled eyes.Louis scoffed and Harry turned to look at him. The other boy was sat beside him at their designated table while Niall and Zayn had gone off to prepare their speeches later. Harry and Louis were going to give them as well, but it was after the other two. Plus, Harry had already memorized his speech while Louis claimed he was just going to wing it. Zayn and Niall were going to do one where they bounced off one another with jokes and many, many embarrassing stories about Liam.

"What?" Harry asked Louis.

"Nothing," Louis shook his head, eyes trained on Liam and Sophia as they smiled at each other and slow danced along to "All of Me," which Ed was singing up on the stage. "It's just funny."

"What is?" Harry asked, getting more curious.

"How Liam is so basic. Of course, this is their song. I feel like this has been everyone's wedding song since 2013. When will they all let it die? Let's be more original, yeah?"Harry gaped at Louis, annoyed and slightly amused. The song was a little basic and Harry would personally be more original with his own wedding song, but this was also not something he wanted to joke about. Not when he was dying inside to be where Liam was, except with the man of his dreams. Louis must have sensed something wrong with Harry's silence, and a guilty expression took over his face.