Aree's Memories

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ [̲̅A̲̅]𝑅𝐸𝐸 ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

THE cold wind kissed my skin while I'm at the balcony, watching how the stars twinkle in the night sky. My hair is dancing with the wind. I closed my eyes while reminiscing my past self.

A little chubby Aree with an eyes of a happy and determined kid.

"Aree," Tawag saakin ng isa kong ka-grupo. Mukha siyang matatae dahil pinagpapawisan siya.

"Ano'ng problema, Teddy bear?" Masayang tanong ko sa kaniya. Natawa pa siya nang marinig ang palayaw ko sa kaniya.

"K-Kasi... Y-Yung project na ginawa natin... Sinira ng kabilang grupo. W-Wala na rin tayong oras para ayusin 'yon." Sabi niya at umiwas ng tingin. Napaawang naman ang bibig ko. Gusto ko siyang awayin dahil doon pero walang magagawa 'yon kaya mabilis akong nag-isip ng paraan. Hindi pwedeng wala kaming gawa, 'no. Sayang ang points.

I thought that we wouldn't be able to pass our project that time but I remembered what Lola Hope said 'There's always an other way for everything'. And we did found a way.

Since I was just a kid, I'm really so passionate and determined to do the things I know I can. That's why whenever I see an opportunity I grab it.

If they can, then I can, too.

There's this time when I was a highschool student, ikinulong ako ng mga kaklase ko sa staff room, tinalisod, pinahiya, at pinagkatuwaan ang hitsura ko dahil sa mataba ako. Kahit pa mga teacher na akala ko magiging kakampi ko ganoon din ang trato saakin. Unfair, right?

I was about to lose myself and do the unnecessary thing when my Lola Hope entered my room. She knew what's happening to me so she talked to me and then all of a sudden I just... Bursted out.

She comforted me and told me the words that got me back from my senses.

I remembered what my Lola Hope told me before.

"Don't let your mind surrounded with negativities and always aim what's best for you." She said out of nowhere.

"Alam mo, apo... There's nothing wrong with the kind of body you have. All you need to do is to show them that no matter you are fat, you have a beautiful heart and there are people who cherish and love you. Be true to yourself, apo. Love yourself more, than hurting yourself because of their opinions that doesn't really matter."

After that talk, she went out of my room and left me realizing those things.

Since then, takot na akong makisalamuha kahit kanino. Not until I met Trisano. She became my protector, my shield and my strength. Yes, she. She's a lesbian but I love her and she is too to me.

She was there when I need someone to lean on. She helped me realize my worth.

After that, I did my best to fight my fears. I stood up whenever I feel down. I raised my head up when they make me bow down.

A smile formed on my lips when I remembered that. Sadly, my Lola Hope passed away 2 years ago but the lessons she taught us is always be remembered. It'll never be forgotten.

I hugged myself and looked down. I saw how happy people are. Waiting for the new year's eve to come.

I felt someone kissed my cheek and held my hand tight.

"What are you thinking, hon?" My wife asked. I smiled. We married in a country where sex marriage is not prohibited.

"What I was before I met you." She accepted me for who I am. And I'm glad her love never fades.

You know what? Love is an unexpected thing. Hindi mo malalaman kung kailan darating.

Being in love with the same gender like me might have some complications like what other people think. But whatever they say, our love would never be shaken, it will be getting stronger instead.

Habang buhay kong dala-dala ang motto ng pamilya: Never step back in every challenges, face it with pride.

If you let your fears eat you. How can you take a step forward?

Fight your fears... Because no one would do it for you.

We question ourselves. We doubt our capabilities and people downgrade us. But you know what?

Prove to them that you're not just you. You're unique. You're beautiful and exceptional. Let them see you as fireworks that made a wonderful light in the sky.

Fireworks that will always be remembered.

-----

'Twas all an ember of memories trying to ignite. Memories that reminded me how I build my confidence and strength while facing the rocky road of my life. Memories that formed me as a woman with value. A value that can't be bought by money.

༺♥༻

D̶O̶N̶'T̶ P̶L̶A̶G̶I̶A̶R̶I̶Z̶E̶.
♡𝒜. 𝒥. 𝒯. 𝒯