A Belated Christmas Babbling

December had recently arrived in Death CIty, and Death had cast a blanket of snow over the city, simply because he found it fitting, given the fact that it was December. Soul and Maka exited their apartment to meet up with their friends at the snowed over basketball court, which had become their usual hub after school. Upon Black*Star and his weapon arriving, they  began to converse about recent doings, apparently during the three weeks Black*Star and Tsubaki had been away, Tsubaki had achieved the rank of Death Scythe. Continuing her train of though, she and Black*Star demonstrated Tsubaki's new found power, Kid and Soul first set up 50 snowmen for use as targets throughout the park. Black*Star cued Tsubaki to transform, revealing her new form; a demon naginata. In one massive flurry of spear work decapitated 22 snowmen, his weapon then shifted into nunchaku, and Black*Star d 13 snowmen into mush. Finally Tsubaki transformed into Masamune, and her meister leaped high into the air. He shouted into the heavens, "Forbidden Art: Falling Star Meteor Smash!!!!!" Destroying the remaining 10 snowmen and melting the surrounding snow, revealing a 10 foot deep depression where Black*Star landed. He stared to his friends, who were left speechless by his expression of power.

               They met again the next day, this time so they could play in the snow, each meister paired with their weapons, Maka with Soul, Kid with Liz and Patty, etc. the teams began making their "munitions". Soul and Maka made their snowballs with precision swiftness, in the end having the most, and even made a snow wall, Black*Star prepared by doing calisthenics, leaving Tsubaki to do everything, and Kid in the end only made one snowball, checking the crystal size of the snowball and checking if it had bilateral symmetry, even picking out individual snow crystals with tweezers. Their war began, and a flurry of white filled the immediate area, in the end Liz and Patty came out on top, as they made snowballs as they went, since their grace period was wasted.

Finally the 24th arrived, and Kid held a Christmas eve party at Shibusen. Soul and Maka were the last two people there, due to Maka's shift at the maid cafe, the two arrived wearing matching outfits, Soul with a red outfit with white fur lining, much like a Santa costume, and Maka wore a strikingly seductive elf outfit, minus the ears and what not. There they conversed with other students, and by the end of the night made new friends, in the party's apex Soul saw Maka near the snack bar, she was being talked up by another man, Maka giggled, then the man brought her closer, and stared into her eyes. This flustered Soul, for his girlfriend to be acting like this, he pondered the situation, then formulated a plan to discreetly defuse this situation. He slowly maneuvered throughout the crowd, then silently approached his meister. He caressed Maka slowly, intricately feeling her body, and kissed her neck, shortly after, grabbing her hand, and urged her to follow. Away from the crowd, Soul began slowly interrogating Maka. "What the hell were you doing with that guy? You guys were about to lock lips weren't you?!" Maka bit her lip then gave her answer, "We were just talking." Soul refused to budge "Then what was all that romantic stuff I saw you do?", Maka glared at Soul then said again; "We were JUST. TALKING." yet Soul refused to budge. The couple eventually broke into shouting, and the argument ended with Maka winning; "If you don't want to act like my boyfriend then you don't need to be my boyfriend!" a pang of sadness hit Soul, and he felt his heart slowly break, he walked away from her with his pride wounded and his heart asunder.

                       Christmas Day arrived the following morning, and Maka began opening her friends gifts, each of them stopping by to give their gifts to Maka personally. After opening all of her friends gifts, she noticed one more present on the coffee table, from Soul. After tearing off the colored paper and opening the cardboard package, she found a simple album, which contained all the pictures they took together, from when they first met to a month before today. At the last page, she found a note, and a locket. She first opened the locket, which revealed a picture of her and Soul kissing, which she noticed was from the Shibusen anniversary party a year ago. After putting the locket aside, she then proceeded to read the note; "Remember me, because I can't forget you.". A tear rolled her cheek, and she tried going into Soul's room. After picking the lock to his room, she was greeted by darkness, followed by the sound of sobbing. She walked up to his bed, and asked if Soul was okay, "Why do you care?", Soul replied, his voice carried a sulky undertone, more so then usual. Maka gave her reply, trying to hold back her tears; "Thank you for your present, I'm so sorry for hurting you like I did, I hope you know I didn't mean anything by what I did." She lay beside him, then put her arm around him then whispered into his ear; "I love you, will you stay by my side?" then kissed him on the cheek. Soul, then slowly rolled over, and faced Maka, he put her hand in his, then forced his lips on hers.