Chapter 1 "Shi Liang, The Unfortunate Child"

People see him as an unfortunate child. But Shi Liang considers himself quite lucky. Yes, he may not have had the best childhood but he is still grateful that he was able to make it till now. His grades are good and he has a few good friends. But sometimes he can't help but miss those times when his family was still whole. He can play a few instruments, his dad was the one who taught him how to play the piano. His father died when he was 10 due to cancer. When he was younger, his father had owned a small business company. Though it was still small, the company was quite successful. So they enjoyed a comfortable life before. It was only because of his father's declining health that they had to close the business. They encountered financial problems and they didn't have enough money to pay for his father's medication. To make it even worse, the loan sharks they borrowed money from started to chase them and make trouble. Not being able to handle the pressure, Shi Liang's mother Shi Xingjuan left her family for another man. She claimed that the man was her true love because unlike her husband, this man did not let her suffer any grievances. She complained about the stress and the pressure that she faced because of her husband, Shi Kuifeng. She left saying that if you really love someone then you must not make your beloved suffer. Father Shi felt his heart ache from his wife's departure. He died a week after. Shi Liang only had his uncle to take care of him. Despite experiencing such painful events, he grew up to be an easy-going person.

He often ship his friends with each other. It was only for fun. He enjoyed teasing his friends. But after a while Shi Liang somehow turned into a cupid! He  looked at his two friends who he was just teasing 2 months ago. "Aah... I can't believe this, how come you two never told me?" Shi Liang said in a sad tone and pouted. Yi Shuang laughed seeing her friend's reaction. "I'm actually happy for the two of you!" Shi Liang said with a warm smile.

Ever since the Covid-19 pandemic, Shi Liang did not go out that much. He stays in his room most of the time. He watches Romance films when he's bored. He also reads novels when he doesn't have anything to do. But of course he also studies. For him, learning was important.

One day he decided to go out to buy some things from the store. While walking he bumped into a man. The man fell down. He wasn't wearing a mask and looked like he was running from someone. The man looked spooked. "Please call the police! Some crazy woman is chasing me!"He helped the man to stand up but the man quickly ran away. Shi Liang stood there staring at the direction the man went to.He looked around to see if there really was a woman chasing behind the man but it seemed that there wasn't. 'It must've been one of those pranks people post on the internet. Gosh people these days...' Shi Liang thought. He was walking to back home when he came across a woman. At first glance she looked like a normal person. But her eyes were red in color. 'A cosplayer?' Shi Liang thought to himself. She looked very angry."Traitor He Geming! Reveal your true form!" the woman shouted at Shi Liang. 'What? Is there something wrong with this woman?' Shi Liang had a dumbfounded look on his face, he didn't understand what she was talking about. "Miss, I do not know this person you are talking about..." Shi Liang said as he went closer to the woman. The woman remained standing there. "Liar!" the woman shouted again. This time she pulled out a sword from who knows where and stabbed Shi Liang through his chest. After stabbing him, the woman pulled out the sword and it seemed like she intended to stab him again.

Blood oozed out from the stab wound. After the woman pulled the sword out of his chest, the blood continued to gush out. Shi Liang found it hard to breath and his whole person was dizzy. He was about to pass out when he opened his mouth to ask the woman in front of him. "Why?..." A few seconds later, Shi Liang's heartbeat stopped. He had already died.

The woman just stood there. Her eyes were red in color and her skin had a pale complexion. She looked quite pleased after successfully killing the man. She had a smile on her face that seemed psychotic. Her wavy white hair fluttered in the wind. Suddenly, there was thunder and rain started falling from the sky. The woman walked closer to the body and froze. "No...this can't be.." Tears fell from her eyes and her voice was a bit choked. "WHY?WHY?WHY?" She screamed loudly. She felt her knees weaken as she fell and knelt in front of Shi Liang. "NONONONONONONONONONONONONONOONONONONONO" She kept on repeating this again and again. "Why is it like this?" Her voice was so small that you would think she lost her voice. She closed her eyes and let her tears fall. She was devastated. She killed an innocent mortal. But this isn't what made her feel anguish. It was the fact that she was not able to kill the traitor. The man she trusted the most and the one who betrayed her.

"Zhilan! What have you done!?" A woman's voice can be heard. "Why are you so obsessed with killing Han Geming! Look! You killed a mortal! Several mortals! The other immortals definitely won't let you go lightly." The two women looked at each other. They had extremely similar facial features. "Sister Meilin...What am I supposed to do now..I-I don't want to be punished! Please help me out." Zhilan pleaded to her older sister. "Don't worry I'll find a way." Meilin assured her sister.

Author's Notes:

It was supposed to be sunshine and rainbows but eh never mind that.