.Not Just A Baby

This is my first story so it might not be top of the line, but hope you still enjoy!

(Y/N) P.O.V:

I found a nearby tree and sat down too rest. Last can of food... I have been going without for days. I can't handle it anymore. I grab the can of peaches out of my bag and scan it, second guessing myself on whether I should eat or not. I've been trying to ration as much as I have,which isnt very much. I take I deep breath and pull the pocket knife from my boot. Right before I opened the can I hear a rustling in the woods behind me. I hurried and through the can back in my backpack. Not bothering to zip it up, I shot up and pulled the gun from my holster. I was really bad at conserving ammo. I noticed an unusual feature about this "rotter". It was aiming a gun right back at me.

"Put your gun down. I'm not gonna hurt you." A man shouted from behind the barrel. "Rick, she's just a baby. I don't think you should be pointing a gun at a kid." Another man said from behind him. "Ill put the gun down,but just to let you know, I may be a kid, but I sure as hell can handle myself." I said while lowering my gun. The man I assumed name was rick returned the favor by lowering his also. I could finally see is face now that I wasn't staring down the barrel of his gun. He had a beard, seemed to be in his early 40's. The man behind him had slightly longish hair and was wearing a leather jacket and holding a crossbow. "I'm rick, this is Daryl. I have a group back on the highway. I can bring you back but first you have to answer a couple questions for precaution." He said. I nodded my head.

"How many walkers have you killed?"

"You call them walkers?" I said with a chuckle. "And I don't keep count.. I don't know how you would expect me to answer that."

"Just guess."

"I don't know.. One maybe two hundred?"

He looked at Daryl and returned his attention back to me.

"How many people" he hesitated. "How many people have you killed?"

"None.I Was never in the position to where I had too."

He looked at me and raised one eyebrow.

"Alright well we were headed back to our people so you can come with us. And I never did catch your name?."

"(Y/N)." You said sounding innocent.

That was a super short and boring chapter but I promise you it gets better! You get to meet Carl in the next chapter. Ooooo lala. Lmao (: