•3

TIMILEHIN

The assembly had ended and I had rushed to ease myself before attending the principal's meeting with the SSS3s. I rushed to the gents to relieve myself and began to proceed to the meeting when I heard a sound. I wanted to ignore it knowing fully well I was late for the meeting but my curiosity got the better part of me. I followed the sound to the back of the girls room where I saw her. She was crouched on the floor with her head bent and she was in tears. Her hair which she had packed into a ponytail hung loosely behind her head giving her a solemn vibe. I walked over and knelt in front of her. I raised her head up to look at her. She wiped her tears with the back of her hand as she looked up at me. What I saw was enough to throw me off balance.

Her beautiful set of brown eyes were bloodshot. Her make up had been smeared and she looked like a complete mess. I offered her my face towel.

"Here, use this. You look like a complete mess right now", I said.

"Thank you", she said and smiled shyly.

"You should hurry back to your class. The first period will soon start", I said and stood up.

"I'm in SSS3. I guess I'll just pass the meeting with Princee", she said.

"Ohh, I didn't know that", I said scratching my head as I suddenly felt awkward.

"You don't have to feel bad. We have never been in the same class so I won't blame you if you have never noticed me", she said smiling showing me her perfect set of white teeth.

God, she is beautiful....

"My name's Lolade tho", she said jolting me out of my reverie.

"Ok. Nice meeting you Lolade. I guess you know my name tho", I said stretching my hand out to her.

"Of course. Who wouldn't know the name of the powerful SP of PC?", she said laughing heartily. I smiled. I stretched out my hands to her to pull her up. She took my hand and I drew her up her feet.

"Thanks Timilehin", she said and walked away.

I stood there for a while staring at her as she walked away.

"Chai!!! See as girl turn you to mumu", my subconscious mocked me. I smiled. Suddenly I remembered the meeting with the principal. "Oh shit!", I thought to myself as I raced to the school hall. On getting outside the hall, I heard the principal shouting.

"He must be scolding someone. That's perfect. I can just walk in unnoticed and sneak over to meet the guys", I thought to myself.

I opened the door to the hall and walked in and all eyes turned to me.

"Shit, I guess I've been caught".

"Timilehin David, why are you late?", the principal shouted. I looked up realizing I have been caught. The whole set was looking at me.

"Shit!", I thought to myself as I began to think of a reasonable excuse to give. "I'm really sorry sir, but I had to go and use the rest room", I replied nervously.

"Okay, but do not do this again alright?", He said.

"Yes sir", I replied and went over to sit with my friends. "Hey", I greeted as I sat beside Jess but she totally ignored me.

Well, that's new...

I tried to gain her attention through out the program but all she did was act like I was invisible. Well, this was new. Jess was always happy to see me. I don't remember offending her so why should she be mad at me. I turned sideways to talk to Marvis, her best friend. She should have a clue as to why Jess was mad at me

"Hey, what's up with her?", I whisper-asked Marvis so the principal won't hear me... Marvis smiled mischievously giving me a knowing smirk...

"I ain't telling", she said in a sing-song voice and turned back to focus on whatever Princee was saying. I face palmed. What was I expecting? Marvis was by far one of the most childish human beings I knew. She could piss you off with that childish attitude of hers...

After about 15 minutes of saying God knows what, Princee decided to dismiss us for our classes. I walked behind Jess who was still ignoring me all the way to our block and to our class Science 3A. Taking her favorite spot which was always at the back of the class, I picked a seat and sat right next to her.

"Come on Jess, what did I do?", I asked desperately as I held her hands tightly.

With a stoic expression on her face, she asked,"where were you?".

To say I was shocked would be an understatement. I couldn't just laugh. "So, what you are telling me now Jess is that all that attitude you were giving me was because I came late to the meeting?". She nodded in response to my question. I couldn't help but laugh. And I laughed so hard because I found it very funny.

"To think I actually thought I had committed a very grave crime. Jess, you are funny", I said amidst bouts of laughter. She didn't say anything. She just sat there staring at me with the same expression on her face and I couldn't stop laughing.

"Of course, I'll be mad because I was worried. I hadn't seen you that morning and you were absent from the meeting. What was I supposed to think?", she said in response as she glared at me. "And I don't see how this is funny, so I wonder why you are laughing", she continued.

"Look, I'm sorry okay. I didn't mean to scare you like that. I was by the side of the JSS1 students and I left the assembly early. That was what happened", I said as I tried to explain to my best friend who was staring at me with her big brown eyes and a pout on her lips.

"She can be so cute at times", I thought to myself as I smiled. "So am I forgiven?", I asked expectantly.

"Not yet", was her answer but I noticed the coy smile playing on her lips. She was joking. I knew I was already forgiven.

Whew! What do you guys think of Jess petty fight with Tim? How many of us puck petty fights with our best friends for no reason😂. Let me know your thoughts on this chapter. Till then, see you when I do❤️.