{1}How It All Started

💬Chapter 1💬
PROLOGUE
How It All Started

      Augustine's Academy, a private high school. The best in the state. It has its own uniform and the school is so large and diverse with so many gifted children. And suddenly the esteemed Augustine's High began to fall from grace.

It all started with the suicide of Leslie Hughes, a decent girl. She was only 16, with dreams of being an author and illustrator. She was in Class 11D. She was found in the Janitor's closet, eyes rolled to the back of her head, foam in her mouth and her phone in hand. It was clear that she was dead.

Two weeks into the investigation of her death, her cause of death was downing half of a drain cleaner and passed away in less than half and hour, what was worse was her cause of death. Her phone was unlocked and searched. Her last opened tab was Facebook, there was a post about her on a page called Augustine's Grapevine, the school's name.

It seems as though the students of Saint Augustine's aren't as prestigious as the school plays them out to be. Isn't that right, Leslie😏?

[Note: Her name was in bold to show that she was tagged]

Then there was a fifteen second video of her on her knees, giving oral to a male teacher.

The comments didn't make it better.

CutieXOXO:
Young girls these days, they don't know how to keep their legs closed. #kidsthesedays

Joe:
No shame😒.

Karen:
What about the teacher? I'm sure the girl was forced to do that..

Yvette L. Cohn:
She's a child, she can't consent. Jail for him!!! #pedo

The teacher was Mr. Ross, 37, caucasian. He was arrested for sexual assault of a minor, and it was revealed that he was indeed forcing her to do this, threatening to tell her parents that she was smoking cocaine.

The entire school fell into havoc, everyone was panicking. About Leslie's death, the arrest of Mr. Ross and also their precious little secrets.

💬💬💬

"Okay, students.." Principal Harvey started, "I'm certain you all have heard about the unfortunate death of Leslie Hughes and the arrest of Mr. Ross. I urge you all to watch who you text on social media and also what you post. The police is digging to find the creator of that Facebook group, and if any of you may know who it is, consult myself of the authorites. Be safe, stay vigilant and know who your friends are. That will be all."

💬💬💬

The students were devastated of her death but showed so much love. They wrote on her timeline filling it with goodbyes and well-wishes.

Alyssa B:
Hey girl! I bought that dress you liked, you know, the one you couldn't afford😅 I was planning to give it to you as a gift but I'll wear it for you😣 I miss you so much #gonebutnotforgotton

Alyssa B:Hey girl! I bought that dress you liked, you know, the one you couldn't afford😅 I was planning to give it to you as a gift but I'll wear it for you😣 I miss you so much #gonebutnotforgotton

Kelsey L:
Remember those wattpad books you used to write? Well, my dad reached out to a publishing company and we're going to have it printed. We'll keep your name alive.

Aaron W:
I didn't know you that well but you seemed like such a good person, I feel like I missed out on being friends with you. #RIP

TheeBaddestB😜:
Ohh girl, I can't believe you're goneee!!! Remember when were twerking in the lockers and you wanted us to teach you😂😂 good times. We'll miss you.

QTPIE🦄:
It was just the other day we were writing formulae on our thighs for the Math quiz. You passed and beat the class.. ☺ Goodbye then😇 little angel🙂

TheQuietKidd:
Rest in peace.

AnimeLover:
We'll miss you💝💝💝

Her funeral was grand, every student school attended and her class had a special place in front. Everyone lay a rose in her coffin on either side of her.
He dress was grey, long sleeves, knee length. Grey for showing how the adults around her ultimately failed her and stained her innocence. The dress style was for covering what little she had left for herself, her dignity.

She was the first victim of this cyber attack. And she surely won't be the last.

May she rest in peace.