xxv.

"caput draconis." evie spoke clearly and the fat lady allowed her inside without question. she had never been in the gryffindor common room, but she already felt at home. she did really love ravenclaw, but she was more than happy to be associated with gryffindors.

"there you are!" harry laughed, greeting evie from the large red couch in front of the crackling fire. evie had to admit, she was nervous. she and harry had only ever talked over the phone, they had never actually hung out in person.

sure, they had shared occasional smiles and friendly nods in the hallways, but they never really spoke much.

"thanks for letting me come here." harry waved her off and patted the seat next to him on the couch, encouraging her to sit. she did so hesitantly and pulled her legs up into a criss cross position.

the warmth of the fire calmed her racing heart, she was actually pretty tired from running from malfoy. even though the fire was warm and felt kind of nice, it wasn't quite big enough to warm evie. the common room was chilly, and it didn't help that evie's adrenaline levels were up, causing her to be jittery.

these things added up caused evie to shiver, drawing the attention of harry.

"cold?" evie nodded and harry shifted slightly in his seat.

"c'mere, e." he lifted up his arm and invited evie to rest under it, and she did so. she leaned her head against his chest as he wrapped his arms around her torso, attempting to warm her up. she also wrapped her arm around his stomach, causing him to tense up for a moment before relaxing into her touch.

the two let out a breath they were holding in and finally felt comfortable together. though their hearts were racing for the same reason, each pretended as if nothing was bothering them.

"thanks, harry."

"you're very welcome."