2

It's a wildlife wonderland out there!

Seeing wildlife on a South African safari is a bucket-list experience!
While the country only covers 1% of the Earth’s land surface, it is home to an abundance of animals, birds and marine life! South Africa boasts 10% of the world’s bird, fish and plant species as well as 6% of its mammal and reptile species.

Lions, elephants and giraffes may not roam the city streets, but nature and animals are never too far away in South Africa. From vervet monkeys swinging through tree-lined streets in the suburbs and baboons frolicking around Cape Point, to seals visiting the Hout Bay harbour in search of a fishy snack and an array of bird species taking to the sky at any given moment. Wildlife can be seen all around! 

For an unforgettable bucket-list activity, you can look for the famous Big 5 (lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and buffalo) on safari in one of South Africa’s national parks or private game reserves. A South African safari is an experience like no other.

The waters surrounding the 2,500km long coastline are teeming with life. You’ll find great white sharks, African penguins, dolphins and much much more in South Africa oceans. Many travellers visit the coast to watch the annual whale migrations.

I so much wanted to pet the lions but when they sorrounded us I got a little scared but still thought it was cool (Pitermaritzburg Lion Park)