Thread 2. Vulnerable

Hey Guys! Next chapter already... sigh... oh well. Read on. :)

xoxo Just Julianne

___________________________________________________________

I woke up in a bright lit room with a dozen of apparatuses attached to me.

            The TV flashed in front of me as I watched the news that blew my entire life.

            “Last evening, a delivery truck crashed to a car at Coquihalla Highway, near the Selish Mountain, British Columbia, Canada. According to the officers, the truck lost control of its brakes and went straight to the car until they crashed again into a tree, making the truck engine stop and the car almost crushed. But aside from that, the officers found some empty bottles of beer that was newly drunk that evening. The car occupants were dead-on-the-spot. It was a case of reckless imprudence resulting to homicide. – Unfortunately, the truck driver fled and was now on a hunt. It was now an open case being rigidly investigated by the police officers.

                Mike, I can’t believe something like this, something merciless would happen–”  

            It’s gone.

            “Sandy, you shouldn’t strain yourself.” A familiar voice told me. She turned the TV off and sat by the vinyl chair beside my bed. “Sorry about your parents.”

            I looked up to her, teary-eyed, but got interrupted by her smile. August’s angelic face fitted just right with her calming voice. Her round violet eyes and long curly dirty blonde hair made me take a hit on my self-esteem. Seems uncanny for a human. She’s so beautiful. “It’s alright.”

            She replied with a smile. She stared at one of the monitors beside her and asked, “How are you feeling?”

            I didn’t know what to answer. Even I, myself, couldn’t determine what I was feeling at the moment. There were a lot of things that was circling in my head, and I couldn’t stop myself being suppressed by my thoughts. Thinking of my brother kept me away from feeling myself, add along to what happened to Mom and Dad. I was a total wreck.

            “Gib!” I gasped, wrenching upright from my bed.

            August pushed me back telling me to stay rested. “Your brother’s fine. The doctors are tending to him.”

            “Thanks.” I guess that calms be down a bit – I thought.

            “Sandy.” August called.

            “Mmm?”

            “Take care of yourself.”

            I nodded again.

            “You don’t know how valuable you are.”

            I shook my head. “I’m not valuable. I’m vulnerable.”  

            “You’re wrong.”

            Arguing seems tiring. Replying makes the argument start flaring. Sigh.