Chapter 8

Third person's POV

"Colt? Are you there?" Astria called after she arrived at the borderline and looked at the other side where Colton appeared from behind the bushes.

"Come here," Colton said that confused the Angel making him chuckle before holding his hand out for the Angel to take which she did.

"It's a good thing that you're wearing my coat again," Colton said as he sees her wearing the coat he gave her yesterday.

"Why did you want me to come across here?" Astria asked confusedly.

"I just wanted to uh...be able to be close with you," He answered looking down shyly.

"And you're shy?" Astria asked again giggling amused by the cute shyness of the Demon—a rare sight for everyone.

"I just thought that it would be nice being closer to you and not just seeing each other across the borderline," Colton answered now looking up at the Angel who hugged him which surprised the Demon but hugged her back.

"It's a good idea too, but what if we get caught here? We'll get in trouble especially now that I'm here on your land which is not supposed to be happening," Astria said breaking away from the hug with a worried look on her face.

"Don't worry, we won't get caught, and if we do I'll be here to protect you so you don't have to worry about a thing," He told the angel giving her a reassuring smile which eased the worry of the Angel.

"What are we going to do here?" Astria asked again when Colton sat down on the ground and patted his side where the Angel sat on.

"I'm doing some painting but I don't know what to paint," Colton answered showing the Angel the small canvas and the paint that he'll be using.

"You should paint something that you love or has a very special value for you, we were taught to do that back then," Astria answered looking at him.

"What did you paint?" Colton asked.

"This," Astria said lifting her hand up a bit where the bracelet is.

"It has a very special value to me because you gave it so I painted it," She answered with a smile causing the Demon to let out a soft giggle finding it cute.

"Then I'll start painting now," Colton said and faced Astria hiding his canvas.

"Why are you facing me? How will I see what you're going to paint?" Astria asked chuckling.

"It's a secret, I'll show you once I finish," Colton answered and started painting while Astria just leaned her back on the tree and closed her eyes waiting for the Demon to finish.

"I'm done," Colton said that made Astria open her eyes and looked at Colton.

"What did you paint?" Astria asked so Colton showed her what he painted that surprised her but felt her heart beating faster that it should—the painting that Colton did was her. He painted her while she was leaning her back on the tree with her eyes closed, he made it bright and colorful just like the Angel that he loves.

"Do you like it?" Colton asked while Astria nodded her head.

"But why me?" Astria asked that made Colton giggle.

"Because you said that I should paint something that I love or has a very special value to me," Colton said.

"And I love you and you have a very special value to me," He added smiling at the Angel.

"I already told you this but I'm telling you again, the worlds destruction isn't what I want because it means that I'll lose you, and I don't want to lose you Astria," Colton said now holding her hands caressing them softly while giving her a soft smile.