Chapter:1.1

The harmonious life came to an end.

"What are we gonna do now?"
"I don't know!"
"If you lose your job then what will happen to us?"
"your talking about my job? Here I am worried about our life."
"Don't say such horrible things."
"I am not saying these cause I want to."
"Is it even safe for us to stay here?"
"Now, make sure Amelie doesn't find these out."
"yes.."
"Don't worry. I will try my best to keep you guys safe even if I have to loose my life. After all its all my fault."

After hearing that I started trembling. What could have happened? What are they even talking about? And why wouldn't they want to share that with me?

As I was about to go back I slipped.
My mom asked," Amelie?"
I had no choice but to admit that I was there.
I replied, "Yes, Mom?"
Dad asked, " Are you okay? I heard something fell."
I replied, "I am totally okay dad."
He asked another question, "Did you hear the whole conversation?"
I hesitated to answer that question. 
I didn't know what to say. Should I say I didn't hear anything or should I just tell them the truth.
Before I came to a conclusion Dad told me, " So, you heard everything,Come here."
Mom interrupted and insisted," Don't do it."
Dad said, "It's okay, she should be prepared for what comes in future . After all we are a family."
I was so confused. What could it be so serious all on a sudden.

Dad started saying, "You know that I work as an accountant, right?"

I nodded.

Dad  starts saying,
"Well I am actually a part time accountant. This is not my real job. Actually I used to work under a secret agent. My task was not that big but it was important. I used to collect different information through the Internet or physically about certain groups or gangs. Then after collecting quite useful evidence I used to submit them to the authority. But I resigned. Well u might want to know why I resigned, right?"

I again nodded.

Dad again started saying,
" Well the agency was run by Mr.Barney until someone else took the authority. The new guy named "Chester" was a corrupted guy. I worked with the agency for the betterment of the state not for money. After he joined the first task he assigned me was to get information of the mafia leader son's. I did gather almost every information about him but later before submitting I figured out he didn't plan for peace instead he planned for destruction. He was planning to harm the mafia leader and took over his place as the 'Boss'. And i will never support such henious act. I am not in a position to protest against Chester. So resigning was the best option i could think of."

Dad sighed and continued,
"So I resigned saying I was unable to gather those information. But somehow he came to know that I have those information with me. And  the mafia's son came to know about it too. Simply both the mafia leader's son and the corrupted Chester is after me. I am afraid that WE ARE IN TROUBLE. "

I was puzzled. I didn't know what to do or what to say. I couldn't do anything cause I simply don't know the core of these things. I am still in the surface. I need to dig into the center. But how?
Should I ask for help? Can the cops fight against the mafia? What is Chester's motive?

If Chester gets those information it's going to be a big disaster. But if the mafia gangs son gets back his own information then will he help dad to get away from the evil motive of Chester?
I am totally confused. Both the person isn't someone I can rely or trust. It's so complicated.
Moreover I can't discuss this topic to anyone. Dad forbade me . But if I need to help then I have to gather Information about them first. Should I ask my best friends to help?

I don't want to cause any trouble for them but "A friend in need is a friend indeed."
Well among my two best friends, Aiden and Clara.
I think aiden will be a better option. He won't ask me too much questions like Clara, Hopefully. And I will be able to gather information without causing him worry.