Filled With You

The world is still spinning around for Barıș when his phone starts ringing.

The brick...

God, what's wrong with this man?

How did he manage to fool everyone?

How did he marry Zeynep?

"Barıș! Barıș, Emine is calling you."

Shaking his head a few times, he takes the phone from Savaș's hand, still trembling:

"Emine-"

"Barıș bey!" Her voice is off... panicked and hoarse like she's scared.

Yoksa...

No! The world is spinning even more, making him sit on the bed.

They must have attacked Zeynep, too.

"Emine, tell me you're all okay!"

"Barıș bey," she hears her cry. "We got attacked... they started to shoot all of the sudden and-"

His ears start ringing.

He has no idea what Emine is telling him next cause all he can hear is his heartbeats.

Mehdi attacked Zeynep's house. Everyone was in danger...

He attacked Zeynep!

"Barıș, what is she saying?"

Savaș is next to him, waiting for news as well.

"Calm down, Emine! Breathe... We got attacked, too. Is anyone hurt? Is Zeynep okay?"

Silence.

Tik-tock.

Thirty seconds pass (he actually counts) and he thinks he's gonna die. Literally, he feels like death is eating his heart and his stomach, invading his whole body.

He can't picture Zeynep lying-

No!

"Emine! Please, is Zeynep-"

"We are fine, but she can't breathe... I think she is having another panic attack and I don't know what to do, she won't listen to us."

He sighs, trying not to scream out of frustration and fright. Out of pain and adrenaline.

"Emine, I want you to-" He closes his eyes when he feels he can't breathe himself. He doesn't recognize his own voice... The fear of losing two people that mean the whole world to him on the same day paralyzed his body.

"Barıș-" His brother is also panicking next to him.

"Go to Zeynep and put me on speaker, please."

Barıș waits, and waits, and waits listening to every footstep and cry. He recognizes Sakine's voice, then Nermin's, but he can't understand what they're actually saying.

"Zeynep? Zeynep, breathe, lütfen. Here-" Emine tries to calm her down.

Then he hears her.

Like she is suffocating...

"Zeynep? Zeynep? Nefes al!"

He starts to breathe loudly and slowly, trying to give her a direction.

But there is no response.

"Yavrum, lütfen, nefes al! Sadece nefes al!" He inhales again, panicked as the blood pounds in his ears. He imagines her on the floor, covered in glass and blood trying to fight for air.