Chapter 5

This is kinda part 1. I split this chapter in half. One- because it would probably be long.
Two-because there are two songs because two people sing back to back. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, what was that about? Looked pretty intense" says Katie as they drive home.

"What was what?" George knew what she was talking about. He didn't want to talk about it. At least he didn't think he did.

"You know what I'm talking about. You and Dream...you looked like you wanted to rip each other's throats out" she says adjusting her grip on the steering wheel.

"That would be nice" George mumbles.

"What's up with you and him?" She asks.

"Oh do you really want to know?" Says George whipping his head to look at his sister.

She hesitated and shifted under George's stare before answering "yes."

"Ok where do I even start" George says throwing his arms in the air and facing forward. "Maybe it's the fact that he has been nothing but completely rude and ignorant since I met him. I haven't done anything wrong! He just- he gets on my nerves." George rants.

He sinks back in the seat in thought. His sister notices. "Is there something, else, that's bothering you?" She asks.

George knew there was, he wasn't sure what. "I- I don't know" he says quietly.

The drive continues silently apart from the buzz of the music from the car radio.

••time skip••

George walked into the bar, guitar strapped on his back.

It was now Saturday night. Wilbur had messaged him and asked him to preform a song at the bar.

George had taken a taxi. His sister said she didn't feel to good. George was worried about her but she reassured him she was fine and he had to go sing.

He walked over to the bar where he found Wilbur.

"Hey George. Glad to see you." He says.

George sets his guitar down on the floor. "Of course. Thanks for having me Wilbur." He says.

"Would you like a drink? It's on the house..." he says.

"Sure. Why not" George says with a small laugh.

"Great!" Says Wilbur. George tells him what he what's and Wilbur waves the bartender to get it.

"So" Wilbur says taking a sip of his drink "first Dream and his band are playing a song and you'll get to play right after."

"Wait, Dreams singing tonight too?" George asks.

"Ya. He's backstage, about to go on right now. Is that a problem?" Wilbur asks.

"No, no problem. Just didn't know" says George.

Soon the lights dim a light and he sees silhouettes appear on the stage. Wilbur sits and one of the bar stools. George is handed his drink and leans against the bar, facing the stage.

The light turned on as it showcased Dream in the center of the stage as the band started playing and he started singing. (More-5 SOS)

If me and you are living in the same place
Why do we feel alone? Feel alone?
A house that's full of everything we wanted
But it's an empty home, empty home

He grips his mic tighter and tilts his head

What can't we, choose our emotion?
'Cause we could, feel somethings broken
And I can't, stay without hoping
We'll never be alone, we'll never be alone, oh

His eyes scan the crowd

And all the things that we dream about
They don't mean what they did before
I just wanna get back to us
'Cause we used to have more
Why does it feel like we're missing out?
Like I'm standing behind the door.
I just wanna get back to us
'Cause we used to have more

His eyes find George's. They lock eyes and Dream smirks. Dream winks and George scoffs before taking a sip of his drink.

'Cause lately we've been living in different nations
Enemy lines are drawn, lines are drawn
We're speaking different tongues communicating
Right through the bedroom wall, bedroom wall

George and Dream keep eye contact. Almost as a challenge.

And as we fall, time is frozen
I know we break, but we're not broken
'Cause I can't, stay with out hoping
We'll never be alone, we'll never be alone, oh

George has completely blocked out everyone. It's just him and Dream.

And all the things that we dream about
They don't mean what they did before
I just wanna get back to us
'Cause we used to have more
Why does it feel like we're missing out?
Like I'm standing behind the door
I just wanna get back to us
'Cause we used to have more

Dream runs his hand through his hair and starts rocking to the beat a little, tapping his foot and causing his hair to flop to the beat while continuing to keep eye contact with George. Then he grips the microphone with both hands and leans forward as he sings again.

And all the things that we dream about
They don't mean what they did before
I just wanna get back to us
'Cause we used to have more

George rolls his eyes at Dreams smirk and sips his drink that sit in his left hand.

Why does it feel like we're missing out
Like I'm standing behind the door
I just wanna get back to us
'Cause we used to have more

Dream smirks at George and bops his head to the ending music.

The song finishes and the crowd erupts on cheers.

Dream winks at George one more time before breaking the eye contact and walking off the stage.

George feels...butterflies? No that can't be right.

He gets pulled from his thoughts from an arm around him. "Your turn. Let's see what you can do" says Wilbur, pointing to the stage.

George sets his drink down and grabs his guitar, heading towards the stage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Total Words: 995

Next part is George's turn

It's currently 1 am so ima write it tomorrow