Chapter 8: The Lake of Bloody Eyre

The dark background faded and Raphael could see that they were back in the Temple of the Moon Goddess. 

"I'm glad," Raphael said. Teresa stared at him. "I'm glad she wasn't the monster she has lead me to believe." Teresa was happy for him. He loved Eldra and if things were different, if she had become the Wolf Queen out of greed for power and was killed, he would have joined her. Fortunately, he didn't have to take that path now that the mystery surrounding Eldra had been revealed. A big smile formed around his face. "Where is she now?"

"She is most likely to be with the Wolf King in the Fable Lands. All they need to..."

"JAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEESSSSSSS!" a loud female voice echoed in the hall. 

Prince James sighed. "Nevermind."

A gust of wind nearly blew all the flowers that were tribute to the Moon Goddess as Eldra entered swiftly and her faceless shadow form faded into a corporeal soul. She was still wearing her bridal attire. The detective could see that she was panicking, far from the composure she was known for. She looked like she was very much in a rush. "I'VE BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE FOR YOU! I'VE SEARCHED FOR YOU IN THE CASTLE! YOU WEREN'T THERE! I'VE ASKED THE BONES FOR HELP AND EVEN THEY COULDN'T FIND YOU! I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE WITHOUT HAVING TO SEE YOU! I BORE EVERY INSULT THE WOLF KING THROW AT ME BECAUSE I WANT TO LIVE! I JUST WANTED TO BE FREE AND LOOK FOR MY FAMILY! I JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHO I AM!"

Eldra sunk to the floor and buried her head in her hands. The rest of the group was silent, knowing she'll need some space. Raphael knelt a knee to Eldra's eye level. "Eldra, it's ok. Breathe." Eldra soon relaxed, her mind clear to think. "Eldra, what's wrong?" he asked gently.

"I'm being killed right now," Eldra confessed. "The Lake of the Bloody Eyre is used by necromancers and dark arts performers for centuries provided there is an eclipse. The Wolf King is using to take my powers, all tied to the silver blood, and in doing so, he is killing me. I let my soul leave my body because I initially wanted James help. However, I didn't have much time. I will disappear soon and my soul will return to my body. So when I couldn't find James anywhere, I panicked because I might die and nobody knew about it."

Teresa quickly jumped into action. "Jessica, Detective, look for Ruth in the Mist Kingdom."

"She's in the Fable Lands," Eldra piped up.

"The rest with me," Teresa commanded and the sisters left the Temple. 

Raphael stared at Eldra one last time while she watched them go before turning to him. "I'll get you out of there, I promise," he assured her before he joined the others.

"I'll go with them," Prince James told her.

"No, stay in the castle. The Wolf King  is performing dangerous magic and I know how sensitive you are to being cursed," Eldra commanded, having already regained her composure.

"As the master of the house commands," Prince James said and disappeared into the night. The last thing Eldra saw was the statue of the Moon Goddess and when she opened her eyes, she was at the bottom of the lake again, trying to swim for her life. 

Earlier, the Wolf King levitated her and brought her to the Lake of the Bloody Eyre, throwing her into its waters whilst her soul wedding was taking place. Upon the return of her soul to her body did she realize what was going on. Before they were "partners-in-crime", now he was completely discarding her. Eldra must admit she did not see this one coming. The moon still shone but it was already being covered, suggesting the summoning of an eclipse which is needed to perform a ritual at the will of the Wolf King. Panicked, she swam for the surface before its too late but when she was able to get a chance to breathe, the eclipse had already formed. To make matters worse, Eldra couldn't move as much as she tried.