Prologue🌙

I've always been a dreamer when I was younger I wanted to be an astronaut. Maybe I still do, I don't know maybe an astrologist. I know it's geeky but I have an obsession with the stars. I've never had too many friends and I've always felt lonely but when I look up at the Night sky I felt my body warm up with happiness and curiosity. I'll look up at the stars and years of trauma from my past disappear for a moment.

My name is Stella it was given to me by my mother or the woman who raised me all my life. Her name is Hena and I love her with every ounce of emotion I have. When I was younger we would always look at the the sky together, my mother was Native American and growing up she always told me the native believes her family taught her when she was a child. "When a person passes to a new life. They do not die but instead their soul flies up to the sky where they look down at you from the stars" I remember her speaking to me. When she passed I told myself she was looking at me from the night sky every single day. she was a lovely women I think as I sit outside looking at where she lives. I sigh deeply knowing I'll be years til I get to talk to her.

(Hey um author here, if you want to know more about Stella, her name actually means star in Latin and she 17 in high school)