Chapter One

It was a dark and cold night. I was watching my most favorite show called Shadow Realm. It's a place of nightmares and insanity combined. I love it because the main character is a girl and she has the exact same name as mine. Chloe. She's been trapped in that realm for at least two episodes. I just wish I can help her, that way when I help her we can be great friends and she can tell me everything about her boyfriend Tobias.

        "You know Chloe, some say that this show is based on a true myth about the shadow people or what kids these days call 'Shadow creatures'" my father smiles and sits down next to me. I turn to look at him.

        "Really? I thought it was just someone who just thought of shadow figures that if you enter the shadow realm you face your greatest fear." my father chuckles and shakes my knee softly.

        "That's the myth sweetheart." I look at the T.V and I look back at my dad.

        "How do you know so much about myths and stuff?" My father shakes his head and turns the channel.

        "I know this stuff because I study it, remember?" I think for a second and then I slap my forehead.

        "Oh yeah, you're a mythologist. Duh." I giggle as my dad changes it to his favorite show Hells Kitchen.

        "Man that guy is so mean." I say as I walk to the kitchen.

        "Yes he is, but he's a chef and to be a good chef you need to be strict, so the food isn't either raw or disgusting when served to the people."

        I yawn and I take out a coke from the fridge. "Well, I don't think they need to be that rude." I open the coke and I take a sip.

        "You're not opening the last can of coke are you?" I pause as I pull away the can and swallow.

        "Um...no?" My dad turns around and sighs.

        "Chloe that was the last one and you already had like four today."