Chapter 22: She slapped Erwin?

After the rumbling stopped and you were all safe from anything falling on you. You had realized that the titan had left.

"(Y/n)." You snapped back in reality and you looked up at Levi. "Go help Mikasa get Eren out." And you did so, climbing on top of the hardened body with her.

With the handle of your gear you began to break off the skin as much as you can. "Eren?!" Mikasa yelled as she helped you too and you sighed in relief when you saw a part of his body exposed.

"Eren!" She continued to call out to him as you both worked on freeing his body.

"Eren?!" She reached to pull him out after you were able to expose his face.

Finally able to pull him out, you grew worried as he wasn't moving and his eyes were partially opened. "What do we do?!" Mikasa said in a panic.

"Let's get him down first." You said and you called for Levi and the others to help.

With him finally on the ground, both you and Mikasa knelt next to him. You took his face between your hands and you shook him gently. "Eren, please." You sighed out, feeling his neck for a pulse, but he was cold.

"(Y/n)?" Levi came from behind you.

"Just give it a minute." You snapped and you took Eren's face between your hands again. "He'll be okay." You said, feeling his body begin to warm up again.

"Eren!" Mikasa sighed in relief as she heard a small groan escape from his lips and he began to blink again. She took him in her arms, hugging him and you sat back to watch as her face softened and you let out a release of air in relief.

You turned to look at Levi as he rested a hand on your shoulder, and you gave him a tight smile, so relieved that for the time being you all were fine. Your eyes drifted just over his shoulder and they widened at the sculpture behind him. It was a perfectly intact Titan Eren. Levi turned to get a good look at it as well.

"Now that's what I call hardening." Levi said, almost sounding actually proud at what stood before him.

"Yeah," you chimed in, looking down at Eren, "even after cutting you out the titan hasn't disappeared."

"Pretty impressive, yeah?" Levi turned to you all.

"I guess, but it wasn't really my doing..." Eren said shyly, unable to look at either you or Levi as you stood next to him. "I drank the 'Armor' bottle..." He added.

"Yeah." Levi said, moving closer to him. "Before now, you couldn't do this at all, but you used the hardening power. And saved us all. In the blink of an eye you devised and built all of this." You were actually taken aback as you knew this was Levi's way of expressing that he was impressed. "In other words," he knelt down to be at Eren's line of sight, "it's possible for us to plug that hole up in Wall Maria now."

"Captain!" You all turned up to see Sasha and Connie come down from a hole in Eren's hardened sculpture. "We've secured an exit!" She smiled.

"Armin's safe!" Connie added. "Hanjie and Moblit too!"

"Well done." Levi said to them.

"Eren!" Sasha cheered with a smile, running towards him. "We're all safe because of you." She fell to her knees and bowed down to him. "Thank you so much. But to be completely honest, when you ran off prancing while crying like a baby... I won't lie, I thought we were doomed." She said, exasperated and her head still down to the floor. "I was thinking to myself 'It's over, over! Get it together nincompoop! Quit bawling like a snotty-nosed brat!'" She added, and you did everything you can to hold back your laugh as she went on about Eren being a baby.