Chapter 6

It was November, Draco had started therapy and was taking his pills. He seemed to be getting better. On occasion, he got kind of angry, but Harry never blamed him. He would simply smile and walk away, sometimes suggesting a walk with Sophie. That seemed to calm the blonde down enough to act normal.

At the moment, they were working on planning the wedding. Getting into the details. Draco made it extremely clear he did not want Harry to smash cake in his face. The part of Harry that took after James knew he would do it anyway.

"So, the colors," Draco said, "We've done a lot of red and green, we should do something different."

"What about silver and gold?" Harry suggested, Draco nodded in agreement.

~*~

Draco was mad again. Harry tried to get him to take out Sophie, but he just got yelled at because a walk isn't going to fix anything. Draco was messed up in his head and he didn't need anymore.

It soon got very intense, Draco was yelling and Harry was trying to calm him down, needing to yell over him in order to be heard. After a lot of that, Draco shouted louder than ever.

"Shut up you stupid princess." He then did something Harry hoped he would never experience again. He was stunned into silence, he brought a hand up to his stinging cheek, he could feel his eyes start to water. He tried to breathe normally as he twisted the ring on his finger.

"Fine." He placed his hand on the counter, "I'll be staying with Ron and Hermione if you feel the need to find me."

He didn't pack. He just walked out the door, and to his friend's house. He didn't want to be there tonight. Maybe tomorrow he could check on Draco.

The blonde boy regretted what he did before he even did it. He had lived with Harry and the Dursley's, he knew that he had just repeated something that he promised himself he would never let his golden boy get near again. And he felt even worse when he saw the glittering gold on the counter.

~*~

(A/N: Sorry for the short and sad chapter. I wanted to wait a bit longer for this [I was planning it the whole time] but this seemed the best time to put it in.)