Chapter 2

" Drista Everdeen," Everyone gasped. The tragedy of their mother a year ago and was seen by everyone, everyone felt bad for the girl. She just stood there in shock.

" Drista, are you here," Jschlatt said energetically.

Drista had darkness enter her body like a toxin, it surrounded her.

'I've only been entered a couple of times, surely I heard wrong' She told herself.

Clay had frozen, he had been separated from Sapnap when they started calling names for the drawing. Tears ran down the mans face as he stood with a blank face. Men surrounded him, they knew how hard it would be on him. They tried comforted him, ever since his mom everything has went down hill.

' My sister, of everyone why my fucking sweet sister' he told himself as the men tried to help.

" There you are Drista," The announcer said as guards approached the girl.

" Please, no" she cried out.

" We will have to do it by force, just cooperate," The guards said.

After all she was only a 13 year old, why would she cooperate being sent to her death.

It felt like Clay's ears were bleeding from the raw screams she let out while being dragged, he couldn't take it anymore. Darkness surrounded everyone, this was truly a cursed day among them. The blue flowers turned to grey, the green grass turned to black. Everyone was feeling such sorrow for the girl.

Clay shoved the men surrounding him, raising his hand. Before he could do anything he was interrupted. His voice couldn't form words it was like he was being choked, like drowning under water.

" I volunteer... I volunteer as tribute," A man said in the distance, Clay was going to say the same.

Clay looked around as to see who said it.

It was Sapnap, he had tears running down his face too.

" Guards, let the girl go." Alex said.

" Is there anything against a male taking the spot of a female if they volunteer?" Jschlatt asked.

" I believe so, I could be wrong. Though this district hasn't had a victor in over 10 years, I think it'll be allowed." Alex responded to Jschlatt.

" Come on up here brave man, come shake my hand," Jschlatt said smiling.

" What the hell" Clay said facing Nick approaching the stage.

Nick knew Clay wouldn't want this.

" You can't lose each other, my family would let you live with them. I know it. Please don't be upset, live on without me. Please forgive me at some point, I love the both of you and stay safe for me. I know I have no place or say in this but I love the both of you. Tell Karl I love him once more for me please." Nick said standing at the edge of the stage, he didn't go up the small bit of stairs yet.

" I'm so sorry Clay ," Sapnap said while tears ran down , guards had grabbed him and dragged him slowly up the stairs.

Clay had dropped on his knees,' I couldn't even speak, what's wrong with me' He thought to himself.

Clay was mad yet scared, his sister was safe but his closest friend took her place. Though images surged through his head, he kept thinking about he could've saved them.

He finally reached the top and made it to the stage, William still had a blank face while white goggle like glasses covered his eyes. Nick shook Jschlatt's hand to not cause trouble.