Prologue

I stared down at the leather and bone-armored bodies, panting softly as I slipped my daggers into their sheathes. I winced, sucking in a sharp breath through my teeth while a dull throbbing in my side reminded me of the blow one of the assailants landed. A few citizens of Whiterun had gathered around the scene, a guard soon joining them.

"What happened here?" He questioned.

I glanced up at him for a moment before my gaze returned to the bodies below me, and I shrugged. "I don't know," I admitted. "They called me a false Dragonborn and attacked." I knelt and began to rummage through the things my attackers carried. I found nothing of use on the first body aside from a few septims and a small gem, though flawless. On the second, I found a note:

'... Kill the false Dragonborn known as Saeic before he reaches Solstheim. Return with word of your success and Miraak shall be most pleased.'

I glanced again to the guard and shoved the note into my satchel as I rose from the dirt and cobblestone path.

The guard watched, his expression inscrutable behind his helm. "So? Did you find anything?"

"Just an everyday occurrence of someone wanting me dead," I said, a sigh at the end of my statement, accompanied by an eye roll. "This time by someone named Miraak, on the island of Solstheim..." I trailed off. I held my hand up, allowing a golden glow to encase my fingers and run down my arm, beneath my armor. The throbbing of the wound on my side eased as the spell mended the torn flesh. I breathed a sigh of relief, and, pushing through the crowd of onlookers gently, made my way to the massive stairs leading to the meadhall of Jorrvaskr. 

I pushed open the door, welcoming the sudden burst of warmth and the sound of bickering. "Farkas!" I called as I entered, closing the door behind me. I headed to his usual spot in the corner, and smirked when I finally got his attention. "C'mon, we've got another adventure!"

"Adventure, or some some fools errand?" He question, lowering his mead, his previously happy expression now annoyed.

"Probably both..."