𐐒𐐚 24 : proprietorial ˎˊ˗

•| ⊱ CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR ⊰ |•

•| CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR |•

❛❛ unwinding upshots ❜❜

There will always be endings in vividly lived moments, like how Xiao had to leave after you two spend a comforting shower early in the morning while the whole Inn is still asleep.

The regnant sun soon took over the bright blue skies, birds chirping along with the flock and the indistinct chatter of the people down below made you jolt awake.

You rubbed your eyes and a waft of exhale escape out of your mouth right after. You just remembered you had only a half an hour sleep, and you still need to partake in helping for the Inn.

Sure, having a nice cold shower with a loved is only a once in a lifetime occurence especially if the loved one in question is an adeptus who is bound to fulfill his contract; but the price to pay is sacrificing a good night's sleep. Not that you're complaining though, seeing Xiao happy makes you happy, and there's no harm in that.

You proceeded to do your typical morning routine and descended the flight of stairs. As you make your way outside and get to your designated place, you were greeted by the enthusiastic familiar faces whom you met days ago. You made sure to reciprocate the energy, greeting them back with all the fervor you have remaining in your tired, restless body.

Sitting down at the usual spot of yours, you continued to pick up the hammer and wooden planks right beside you. You felt a little disturbed at how unsteady your hands were, trembling and barely placing the nail at the right spot. Probably the consequence of barely having not enough sleep, you thought.

You bite at your lower lip, pouring all of your concentration at placing the tiny iron nail at the wooden plank. You raise your dominant hand slowly, aiming just right to hammer at the head of the nail when suddenly-

A howling wind blew, the pressure being too strong as the nail at your hand flew that caught you off guard. You cover your face with your hands a while later, to prevent dust from coming into contact with your eyes.