ℂ𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝔽𝚘𝚞𝚛

ON HER WAY back to the castle, Mary runs into Odetta and Bash. The man excuses himself to follow through with what he promised, and Mary smiles at her lady.

"I've been meaning to talk to you. How are you feeling?" Odetta smiles at her queen, and loops their arms together.

"I'm feeling much better, thank you." Seeing that Mary looks a bit distracted, Odetta decides to question it. "Are you alright, Mary? You're looking a bit pale."

"I'm fine. I've only been thinking about the plot with Colin. Odetta, I think there may be someone who can give me the answers that I need."

"Who?"

"Her name is Clarissa, I believe she's the one who warned me about drinking that wine at the wedding." At this, Odetta pales, and Mary notices the change in her behavior.

"What is it, Odetta? You can tell me."

"Mary, I– I drank the wine from your cup." Mary becomes alarmed, grasping Odetta's hands tightly. The young queen is not only worried because her soulmate had drank the draught meant for her, but also because Nostradamus lied about it. And now Mary fears Odetta's life may be in danger too.

WHEN arriving back into her chambers, following her conversation with the Scottish queen, Odetta finds a girl wearing one of her new dresses.

"I'm– I'm sorry. I don't know you." The girl's face pales, turning white in fear. "Is that my dress?"

"My Lady, please, forgive me. It's so beautiful. The tailor gave it to me to return, and I– I thought... I should never..." Suddenly the girl starts clutching at her arms. "My skin is on fire. My skin is on fire!"

Odetta grows concerned for the girl and steps forwards to help, "Is something wrong?"

"No! Stay back! It's poisoned. My skin is burning. It's burning!" The girls falls to the ground, which sends Odetta on a desperate mission for help.

The blonde begins to call for help, running down the corridors. "Guards, someone, help me! Somebody help me, please! Guards!"

Returning with Mary, Francis, and several men, Odetta sees that the girl is no longer there in her chambers.

"She was right there on the floor. She was dying. Where could she have gone?"

"They took the evidence. Whoever did this failed in their attempt to harm you." Francis tries to comfort both of his soulmates by holding their hands.

The prince turns to one of the guards, "Go, now! An assassin with a dying girl could not have gone far. Go! Go!"

All of them take off in search for the girl, leaving Mary, Odetta, and Francis alone.

Odetta turns to Mary, hysteric. "She was right there. How could anyone have escaped with her?"

Suddenly, an idea dawns on Mary. "The passageway."

The queen takes off towards a far wall, with Francis following closely behind her. She runs her fingers alone some of the boards, and Odetta gasps when one flips open. "I don't know how far it goes, or where, but there's one in my chambers as well. Could they have gone through here?"