Day 5

In which Finna explains the weirdest dream she's had. Prompted by AspergicDemon.

I had posted about this dream in a forum on Kinmunity, posted below.

I once had a dream that shook us to our very foundations...

I was in my old house and it was early morning on an overcast day so my room was bathed in a soft grey light. I got out of bed (I sleep in a loft bed, both in the dream and IRL) because I heard a noise. Then I saw a faceless man walking toward our room, the door of which was open. Usually we have at least two of our dogs in our room but none of the three we have were there. Then the man saw me. He raced toward me and pinned me by the throat against the window of our room and all I remember after that was a fade into black before I woke up.

And this is why I now keep a baseball bat by my bed's ladder and I keep a small knife under my pillow. I carry a knife at all times since I was raised as a very pro self-defense family but that dream made me feel unsafe in that house. We have since moved from there due to other issues. I've never had a dream that vivid or scary since.

My friend, AspergicDemon asked, "Do you think the faceless man was a spirit, or created by your subconscious in the dream?"

My reply:

I haven't really thought about it. However now that I am, he may have been trying to warn me about something. The dream occurred soon after we moved into the house, which if it is known to be a bad home a spirit will try to visit you early on to get you out. It kind of reminded me of my dad's childhood night terrors from when he lived in Midland, Texas (a coyote's head was on his closet door in the dream, which swung open and spoke, "leave this place" every night for years until he learned to become lucid. Actually, my stepmom's proficient in lucid dreaming, too. I'm learning to do it).

The reason I think so is because only a few years later someone very close to my family fell ill with an (extremely) rare disease called calciphylaxis. Her kidneys no longer function and her immune system is very weak (she is on a transplant list and if I was compatible I would donate a kidney for her in a heartbeat). This happened about two years into the time we stayed in that house. Then, the next year we allowed a family of three to stay in the house and watch our house while we were on vacation. During said vacation the husband drank all our alcohol (including the homemade strong stuff called "loki" after the god because it's strong but it sneaks up on you and you're drunk before you think you are because it's that strong) and the couple stole and sold/pawned many of our things while also refusing to move out. We call this "squatting" here.

The next year, that family friend's brother (we'll call him S) dog/house-sitted for us while we were on vacation. We thought we could trust him. Big mistake. Apparently, S rented out one of the rooms in the house without our consent (illegal). The tenant left a fucking mess (literally. Stains on MY SHEETS. THAT WAS MY ROOM. I'm still pissed off. I also found a used condom on the floor by my bed.). Plus he stole almost everything of value in our house including my dad's firearms and musical instruments and sold them. We got them back. S and the tenant have been prosecuted. They also smoked crystal meth in our house. We never got it remediated because our renters' insurance did not cover it and it would have been extremely expensive. So basically we were inhaling secondary meth practically 24/7. Our landlord refused to help. We broke our lease and moved out six months later and I got the best sleep I had in that entire time only a week after moving into our new home (because meth makes you hyperactive apparently. so as soon as it was out of my system I actually slept through the night without crazy, wacky dreams).

Since we've moved into our current house I never had any dreams like that. Honestly I don't dream often but when I do it's usually either complete wack-ass mania that I can't remember in the morning or it's something like the Loki visit dream. So now that I think about it, I think the faceless man from the meth-house (that's what we call it now) dream may have been a spirit trying to warn me.

phew that was long. I'm going to post that in both the blog here and in my wattpad.