In Your Head

You stand up, the blackness still and unwelcome. You see the milky white eye blink once, almost like a moon. It breathes. A steady breath, like someone sleeping. It is ancient, It is before and after time. It is what lives in a crazy man's eyes, it is what abides in the still and solitary night. It is what will always be, what cannot be defeated. It's eye blinks once, a slow, deliberate blink. You slowly sit down. It breathes. You grab your small pocket knife off your bed table and stab towards its eye. You hit air. It laughs slowly, its voice monotone. "You lash at what you do not see." It says in a dead voice, a voice of the darkness that lay in every corner. You stand defiantly. "I see you. I see your eye. You are in my room, in front of me." Your voice sounds weak compared to the darkness, sounds weak in your own mind. It once more lets out that slow laughter, Its eyelid slowly passing over its milky white cataract. "Where do you come from?" You ask weakly, not bothering to mask the fear in your voice. Silence encompasses the room, echoing in between your ears. "I live in the dark corner of your sanity. I live in the empty dark under your bed. I live in the word insanity. I live inside your head."