The End.

They decided to let you outside today, into the grassy field behind the Asylum. You lay on the grass stiffly, staring at the clouds as they go by. You see a cloud that looks slightly like the silhouette of George Washington. You see another that looks like a pie, the kind your mother used to bake. She came over last week, she came into your little white room. You felt like you had been breached, invaded. It had been 11 weeks since you had last seen another human being. They made sure to drop your meals off at night, when you were 'sleeping'. You had backed up against the wall, your mothers face looked pale and tired. She came over to you and pushed your hair back. She looked into your eyes, her own full of remorse and concern. "I should have never taken you to this place. They broke you. Now I can't get you back." Her sentence broke off with a sob, and she sat down in the middle of your little white room. Your mother had always been a proud woman, her strong heart always trust worthy. To say your heart broke when you saw her like that would be wrong. It swelled. Your soul and heart swelled with so much love for the woman that had singlehandedly raised you that for once, it blocked your shattered mind. You had knelt down and wrapped your arms around her, your sobs filling the room with the sound of regrets and apologies forgiven and forgotten. Then she left, like all good things do. And your mind won again, but with more of a struggle. You were fighting, you were strong. Just like your mom had said just before she left. Now, you lay in the grass field, soaking the sun into your sad mind. "Why did you choose me?" You said in a clear voice. You didn't care who else heard, you knew who the question was directed to. It knew as well. There was a long silence. A pause that lasted till the sun had moved slightly, signaling the afternoon. "I chose you, because you had been strong. I wanted to break you. And I did." It said, its voice as sure as the night is dark. "Yes. Yes, you did." You answered. This time you paused. You waited till the sun had moved again. Its light shed down on you, the warmth seeping through your clothes and skin and into something deeper. "Broken things, they can be fixed. I can fix them. I will pick up the broken pieces of my mind and put them back together. You, however, must stay broken. I will be whole, you will be scattered. I think that means I win. So, goodbye." You answer to the silence. It makes no reply.