ONE

"What happened now Trell" Iyanna, his girlfriend asked him as she cleaning his cuts

"What happened now Trell" Iyanna, his girlfriend asked him as she cleaning his cuts. This was his third time in that same week coming home bruised and bloody and she wanted answers.

"Its Laila, as always" he mumbled. He had went to the girls house to see his son, who had just turned two months the day before. Somehow their encounter turned into yet another argument, in which they had stared fighting. They had messed each other up real bad, and he ended up leaving the girls house.

It upset him, because their baby would end up having to grow up in a broken home, with toxic parents. Although he couldn't stand his baby mama, he loved his son with all his heart, and would make sure he was there for him, no matter what it took.

Kentrell grabbed onto her waist tightly, wincing as she continued to tend to his cuts. "I'm sorry this happened to you" she mumbled, as Kentrell nodded. He wasn't in the mood for words at that moment, but who would be. Once Iyanna finished, he stood up giving her a kiss, before going to the kitchen, hungry.

As soon as he was about to begin cooking, his phone began to ring. "Yea, wassup Lai" he said, holding the phone between his ear and shoulder before getting his ingredients together. He had decided on salmon nuggets with seasoned curly fries. "You home" she asked, a lot of moving in her background.

"Yea, why" he asked, beginning to season his meat, before putting it in the flour and finally dropping it into hot grease. "My boyfriend coming over, so I need you to watch Kacey."

"Mhm, you gone bring em or I gotta come get e-" she cut him off. "I'm already on the way"

"Mhm, just text me when you outside" the girl nodded, and they said they goodbyes before hanging up.

"It's funny how y'all fight and argue and get right back cool"

Kentrell jumped feeling as if his soul left his body when he heard the voice of his girlfriend. He then rolled his eyes, because there was no reason as to why he couldn't have a mature conversation with his baby mama.

"We not 'cool', she needs me to watch my son so imma watch him" the man shrug, before grabbing a pair of tongs and removing his food from the grease, putting it on a plate and sitting at the island behind him. He bit into one of the nuggets, forgetting that it was too hot to eat, and began to chew quickly.

"Hashahahahaha" Iyanna shook her head. "This is why you blow your food Kentrell" and he blankly stared at her. "Real niggas don't blow their food."

"Mhm, if you say so" she smiled watching him as he continued to eat. He then heard banging at the door, and he got up to answer it, knowing who it was. He grabbed the car seat from her, walking into the house and placing the seat on the floor in front of the couch.

"I'll be back for him prolly tomorrow" she said before slamming the door. Kentrell didn't care tho, he would make the best out of the little time he did have. Carefully unbuckling the straps of the baby's car seat, he gently grabbed him, supporting his neck as his mother had taught him when picking him up. Holding the child in front of him, he smiled at the sleeping boy.

"Hey papa" he smiled, placing a light kiss on the boys head before cradling him in his arms. "Is that my stepsonnnn" he heard from the kitchen, and he quickly shook his head as she approached him. "Please don't let Laila hear you say that, she'll kick boffa' our asses"

———
"You sleepy, Kace?" He asked, beginning to lotion the boy up, who was fresh out of the tub. Kacey just yawned opening his eyes slightly. "Imma take that as a yes" he said, gently putting a sleeper on the baby before picking him up.

"Dada sleepy too"

He said on the bed, laying the baby on his chest before getting comfortable himself. He began to rub the babies back in circles, doing so for a while before hearing the soft breathing knowing he was sleeping. He layed him down next to him before turning over himself, drifting off into a deep sleep.

First chapter!!
It's probably shitty 😭 but it'll get better as time goes on, i promise!!
Thank you Thank you Thank youuuuuu!! To boujeeheauxx for allowing me to use this idea!! I'm going to try not to disappoint because I know if you wrote it, that shit was bomb 💞 I was actually scared as hell to drop this, because I don't want it to be baddddd 🥺
Until next time 🥰💞