1

'The weather is oddly cold today' 

The boy whispered as he breathed through his scarf. He hadn't seen any snow since they came to Japan, and to be honest he did miss a little bit Canada. He missed his old morning routine, his old house, his life there.. but after his father's death everything Langa used to love lost their meaning.

Even here in Japan he can't help himself but end up thinking about how perfect his life used to be.  Seeing his mom working hard and fighting for both of them made him feel guitly, just how much he wanted to grow up so he could offer her more help. He cooked dinner for them and took care of the house work, but that wasn't enough. He wanted to make life easier for her just like his dad did.

''why so gloomy today Langa?'' He felt someone hug him from behind, most likely rest their head on his back and mumble something. Langa looked slightly down and a smile appeared on his face.

''good morning, Reki'' He spoke softly as he turned around to hug his friend, the warmth coming out of his friend made him feel safe. He didn't want to admit the fact that he needed Reki, not because he was too full of himself and thought that he shouldn't need anyone, but mostly because he was scared that once he would admit thisself to him he would also lose him.

''good morning to you too, grumpy face''

''I-I am not grumpry!'''

''Then why the long face?''

''Just some thoughts, nothing to worry about''

Reki sighed and gently reached out to ruffle his hair, brushing his fingers through his hair as he hummed. ''I'm here for you, you don't have to pull out this gloomy face on your own, you can tell me so we can be two grumpy faces!''

''Ah- I am not quiet sure that's how it works''

''Of course that's how it works!!'' His hand got wrapped around Langas shoulder as he pulled him closer and they started walking together.

''You just got to trust me, can you promise you can do that?''

Langa stared at him for a moment, this boy could be so energetic for no reason, he could cheer him up even if he what he wanted was to push everyone away, Reki would easily manage to make himself stay next to Langa, he felt so warm even if the weather outside had ice falling instead of snow. How could he possibly not trust him?

Reki was the sun himself.

But that's not the way Langa had been taught to deal with people. Until now, with Reki..with Reki eveyrthing was something new to him. Something foreign for Langa to deal with. A song in a language he couldn't understand..but deep inside he knew..that the lyrics were deep and beautiful.

''I promise..'' he whispered and smiled softly at the shorter. Reki giggled and pointed at the sky.

''Say Langa has it been a while since you last saw snow?''

''Huh..? Ah..I'm not quiet sure but I think it's been few months''

''Hehe, it won't take a while till you see some again~''

''Hm..I guess you're right~''

Reki smiled as he kept walking, holding hands now with Langa. His hands were so warm while Langa's hands were freezing cold. He didn't feel cold or anything  he was used to his low body temperature but something in Reki's warmth made him want to keep him closer as if he needed that warmth. He walked at the same speed as Reki and looked at the smily boy.

''Reki..you're really amazing~''

''Where did this come from?''

Langa didn't response he just kept walking, his eyes travelling every now and then down to the shorter.  That's right.., he though, there is something I like about this life..being with you Reki..being with you brought a whole different meaning to my life..and I know that you won't hurt me. I...trust you Reki..

[word count: 666] devil himself-

[for some reason I'm trying to keep the chapter's short- ah please excuse any spelling or grammar mistake]