A Tale as Old as Time

Hatred had always existed, from the beginning of life to the end of time. But so has love.

     A cycle that began from the first living beings in the world, beings so powerful they were considered primordial gods. Kami and Shinigami, the two deities of the Shinobi World. The love and hatred, light and darkness, creation and destruction. They were never meant to get on well, they were never meant to care about each other.

     It continued through ages, until another being with potential emerged. Kaguya Otsutsuki, she was called. The princess of the Otsutsuki found the infamous Chakra Fruit and ate it, gaining power over the elements. When Kaguya's children, Hagoromo Otsutsuki and Hamura Otsutsuki were born, they had these powers, Chakra it was called, as well.

     At first it was fine. Kaguya used her powers for good and peace, gaining the respect of many. But she became paranoid and began her merciless slaughter of many beings. The Otherworldly ones fled back into their world, leaving behind the Chakra Tailed Beasts and humans to deal with the crazy princess.

     The Otherworldly sealed every path between the Otherworld and the Shinobi World and thrived, there was actually no need to cross over to the Shinobi World. In their haste, however, one path was forgotten. A special mirror, one that was overlooked and forgotten.

     In the Shinobi World, Hagoromo and Hamura decided on a course of action. They cared for their mother dearly, but the massacre could not be allowed to continue. The siblings sealed Kaguya and scattered her chakra over the world, resulting in the other humans getting chakra.

     Hagoromo and Hamura never got along well. After a big disagreement in which Hamura said some hurtful things, they went their separate ways and never heard of each other again. But while Hamura simply vanished, Hagorormo had two children with the Goddess of the Sea, Kagami no Kaiyo, and became the Sage of Six Paths, taking the mantle of the Protector of Peace after Kami.

     His two children, Indra and Asura Otsutsuki, were so alike and yet so different. Indra was intelligent and calculating while Asura was more loving and kind. The two brothers loved each other at first, but as the years passed, they grew farther and farther, the unbreakable bond they possessed started to fray.

     Decades later, Hagoromo chose a successor — his younger son, Asura Otsutsuki. Indra grew bitter, as he believed he should have been the one to success Hagoromo. So, Indra left his home, traveled far and wide, never to see his family again, with the only thing from his home a white rose from Kagami. Thus, the third cycle of hatred began.

     Indra married a princess called Kaliel Uchiha and had a son called Kira. He had developed his dōjutsu, which he called a Sharingan, and used it frequently in battles resulting in a huge advantage for him. Kira unlocked the Sharingan too, and while his' was not as powerful as Indra's, it was still one of the most power dōjutsus in the Shinobi World.

     Battle of the Otsutsuki 

     But as fate commanded it, Indra met his younger brother Asura again. He returned to childhood home and his family. But not as a friend, not as a brother, not as Indra Otsutsuki. He returned as Indra Uchiha, as Asura's enemy on the opposite side of a battlefield, his goal to conquer the world had never been so clear to the younger Otsutsuki.

     What followed was one of the most devastating one-on-one battles in history, the Battle of the Otsutsuki. See, Asura had never been weak, even against the Sharingan, he returned victorious. However, after the fight, both brothers were exhausted mentally and physically.