But First, Coffee

Alice Panganiban x Pio Alvez
640 words

"Can I play with your hair?"

The director's instructions were show us how much you love each other and keep at it until I yell "cut!". Yell, because the cameras and crew were way over there, making it seem like this room—this couch—and this moment belonged to them, and only them.

"Like...how?"

Arm outstretched over the backrest, Pio patted his chest, an invitation for Alice to lay her head against it. As soon as she laid flush against him, he placed his hand over her head and twirled locks of hair around his fingers. Gently, he tugged and watched the dark brown strands unfurl.

"Like this." Again, a lock of hair twirled. Tugged. Unfurled.

"Oh no, I'm going to fall asleep."

Quiet laughter came out of him. "Noooo, patay tayo kay Direk Lila niyan!" 

But he kept playing with her hair while she pretended to read a book, the artificial sunlight beaming from the capiz windows providing a romantic glow to this scene.

"My girlfriend falls asleep too, when I do this to her."

"So the rumor isn't true?"

Pio's brows gathered, creased. "What rumor?"

Alice lifted her head to look at him, smiling. Her hand followed suit, and with her fingers, attempted to soothe the agitation on his face. "The one that says you always fall asleep first."

Not a rumor. Also not something Pio was very proud of. He worked really long hours, and when he could finally crash at Audrey's, he spent most of his time sleeping. He understood her dismay, but knew she only meant to tease him when one time she tweeted: My boyfriend is good in bed. He can sleep for days.

He wrinkled his nose at her. "I think this is a great time for a kiss."

"You think?"

"Soothe my bruised ego, won't you?"

Pio didn't need to ask twice. Alice was a great on-screen partner that way. She pressed a quick, playful kiss on his lips, then the tip of his nose, and finally, the creases between his brows.

"Tickle fight?" he asked, beaming brightly at her.

"Nothing says young love in a montage better than a well-choreographed tickle fight."

"First—" Pio snuck in a kiss to her cheek and pulled the book out of her hand. "—come and get this."

He raised the book over his head, and Alice climbed over him to reach for it. When she failed (because of course she had to), she attacked Pio's ribs with nimble fingers (bonus "accidental" lifting of his shirt, fans always loved that), signaling the official start of this tickle fight.

The camera kept rolling, capturing Pio falling off the couch (he was pretty ticklish and often slid off surfaces to escape), getting up and wrapping his arms around Alice's waist, her carefree laughter as he spun her around, and finally, another kiss after they'd fallen into a slow dance.

"Cut!" The director yelled out. "That was perfect!"

"Oh god, I'm tired," Pio declared, breathless. Stylists quickly filed into the room, fussing over their hair, makeup and clothes, making sure they look perfect for the next scene.

"Hang in there, mister. We have twelve more scenes to do today."

"I need chocolate. And coffee. I haven't had coffee yet."

"My boyfriend prepared this huge tumbler of coffee for me—wanna share?"

"Son won't mind?"

"Pfft, he'd gladly make another batch for you if he knew."

"I love him. He's so cool."

Pride shone through Alice's smile. "He is, isn't he?"

"All right, Alice, Pio—we're done here! Let's move to the next location!" the director announced, prompting the crew to unplug and pack up the equipment around them.

"Oh, yeah!" Pio reached his hand out to Alice, which she immediately high-fived. "We're crushin' it today!"

"Three down, twelve more to go!"

"But first—"

Alice nodded. "Coffee."