Chapter 1

His brown eyes stared straight into mine as our gazes met. It was like he could see into my soul. Like he could see who I was, my fears, and my strengths, just by looking at me. Something felt different today when  he decided to look at me when we met in the corridor.

For as long as I can remember, me and Caspian have always hated each other. We have known each other since middle school, but I actually don't really know him at all. He annoys the crap out of me, always teasing me and making jokes. And in response to his annoying behavior, I insult him back.

He is attractive, I can admit to that. At that moment, my knees felt weak as if they would fold at any second and I would fall to the ground. How did he make me feel like this just by looking at me? When he saw my reaction caused by our eye contact, he gave me a weak smile, a little smirk.

There isn't even anything special about him. He's not popular, but everyone knows who he is. He does have friends, but he likes to be alone most of the time. He doesn't really care about anyone but himself, and school of course. He is very smart, if you ignore his ridiculous humor. If you annoy him he can have quite the temper.

We're in the same math class. He's the best student in our class, and I'm one of the worst. Math have always been the subject I've struggled the most with, and I know I have to get better at it.

As he walked past me, his arm brushed slightly against my shoulder and I let out a small breath I had been been holding for a while. I shook my head a bit as I started walking toward the exit like I'm trying to tell myself how stupid I am.

I'm supposed to hate this boy.

I opened the door and before I walked out i looked back, just to see if he might be looking at me.

And he was.

He had turned around, just like me.

I quickly turned my head back and walked out the door.

It had been a long week and I was happy to be home. As I walked into my house, my mom quickly walked over to me and gave me a hug. I had a good relationship with her, and I'm grateful for that. She could be quite overprotective of me though, which was very annoying.

"How was school Addie?" she said as she tucked a piece my light brown hair behind my ear.

"Great"

"Did you do anything fun?"

"Nope"

"Nothing?"

I smiled.

"No mom, you always ask me that, you should know the answer by now."

"Yeah, yeah" she sighs as she walks into the kitchen.

I took off my jacket and shoes before walking to my room.

"Adeline?"

I turned my head and hummed.

"I love you"

"Love you too mom"

It was Friday, and I was home as usual. I'm not complaining tho, since I'm pretty much exhausted. School is stressing me out. It always has. I never feel like I'm good enough, it is something I've struggeled with all my life. I don't know why i put so much pressure on myself, I know my parents don't care about my grades as long as I'm happy and do my best. I have so high expectations of myself, even though nobody else does. I hate failing. I want to be the best.

My friends have told me that I have "a perfect life" and nothing bad ever happens to me, but that's just because I don't like to talk about my struggles. I often feel like nobody cares about what I have to say.

My feelings don't matter, I'm just there to listen.

I hate feeling like this. I just wish i had someone I could talk to anything about. Someone who would listen when I talk about the universe, and the stars, how sometimes i feel like nothing is real, and about myself, my life, my interests, my fears, everything.

But who would that person be?

A/N This is my first story ever published! I am basically making this story up as I go and I hope you will enjoy it. Please correct me if you find any grammar or spelling mistakes.
Also, vote and leave comments, it would mean a lot to me!

See you in the next chapter!